Notices

Step 7 How'd you Do It?

Old 05-04-2008, 11:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Step 7 How'd you Do It?

Hi All

I'm busy with step 7 - how my sponsor and I do the steps is I follow the green and gold, call him if I need to but once finished answering the questions we meet and go through - LOL usually I've been a bit skimpy on some answers and that's where he is great at calling me on it!

In the book it says : how are you going to ask your HP to remove your shortcomings...have you asked other addicts to share their ESH?

How did you do it? What did you actually 'say' when it came to this...

I said and wrote :

I will do it in nature, on my own and I will access that truthful place within me and say ' God you made me and I know you love al of me both good and bad. Plesae remove my character defects of (insert list from step 6 there aer about 11) so that I can be of maximum service to you and benefit to others and to cathlin (me) Pleaes help me to have my quiet times daily so that I can hear your voice and notice how you show me how to live in such a way every day to keep these character defects at bay, so I can be all you wish me to be.'

Cathy31
x
Old 05-04-2008, 12:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Step 7. As with all the steps for me I have to keep it very simple. One thing I will share with you is to remember that they are removed in our HP's time, not our time. The first Step 7 I did, I think I was a bit anxious and then got annoyed (umm hello character defect/shortcoming) when I would catch myself acting out on a shortcoming thinking HP should have removed it already LOLOLOLOLOL. Today I understand my HP works on his time, which is always 100% better than my time. And I have also learned that it is harder to HP to remove them, when I continue to play tug of war with them

And for what it is worth, my sponsor is pretty good at pointing out things I dont put in my answers too.....that means we have good sponsors that not only work a good program, but they pay attention to what we are saying and with our growth.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Lost-n-Found

Hello Cathy,
When I first started working Step 7 my sponsor told me to first focus on the defects disrupting my life most, the most obvious ones, the ones recurring the most. I began my day by praying to have God remove them. I prayed in my own simple words, any words.
It's pretty much a daily thing now. God removes them temporarily and they come back again and then you pray again and so forth. The frequency and the intensity of the defect lessens and it does get better with continuous maintenance. I am also more aware of them today and am trying to deal with my issues as they come along. I'm trying to travel as light as I can.
Have fun!
Old 05-04-2008, 04:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Evolving Addict

Originally Posted by Cathy31 View Post
How did you do it? What did you actually 'say' when it came to this...
I can't exactly recall the prayer I used/said, but yours sound as good as any!!