never let your guard down

Old 05-03-2008, 08:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting Over It

never let your guard down

Ok, so I arranged a wkend away with my sister several months ago. RAH knew about it, said I deserved it, etc. Well that getaway wkend was last wkend and although tensions frequently arose the whole week prior, everything seemed ok by wednesday. We were to leave Friday morning. He then claims he had no idea it was a WKEND thing, then it was just supposed to be a night, not 2. I asked friends to take the kids if needed, because I thought he may pull something to ruin my much needed relaxation time. Then he seemed ok again and I breathed a sigh of relief, told my friends he was ok with it.

We went off on our trip and I called the 1st night to check on things. Everything seemed good. Whew! The next day, I called several times (home and cell) and got no answer. Finally, at 930 at night my 15 yr old answers the phone and tells me his dad took our 7 yr old to his sisters 2 hrs away for the wkend and left him and our 12 there alone. WTF??? The 12 yr old was smart and spent the night at a friends. "Oh and Mom, he said my 3 friends could spend the night here with me"......

Ok, so I am sure you know my relaxation ended right there, to say the least. I had hoped that he had taken them , ohhh, fishing or something like that and that was why the phone wasnt being answered. I was trying to think positive. I shoulda known better.

When I get home, all he can say is" I thought I told you that I was going to do that." After 17 + yrs together, he oughta know by now that would NEVER be alright with me. His answer - I trust them. Huh? This is the guy that accused that same 15 yr old last month of having alcohol on his breath after returning from church! ( there was none, he is delusional!)

The next thing he said is how he didnt understand why I didnt ask HIM to go away for the wkend ( ummm, duh!)... Ahhh! So, purposely he tried to ruin my wkend, since I didnt ask him to go.

The boys were safe. No damage done, aside from a messy house, so I swallowed my anger and let it go. Next time, I will follow my instincts and make arrangements for my boys to go elsewhere.

Any other suggestions?
Old 05-03-2008, 08:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Yep, leave him at home the next time you go on vacation and take the boys with you. So, enough about your alcoholic husband, tell me about your vacation.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Did you have fun on your get away?
Old 05-03-2008, 09:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Getting Over It

Oh my! Yes, We had a good time. We giggled a lot, just like when we were little girls. We relaxed poolside, read magazines, walked the beach, took awesome pictures, saw a concert...

Just 3 weeks prior, we went on a family vacation, RAH, me and the kids. He made it miserable for everyone most of the time. Never again!
Old 05-04-2008, 11:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hey daisy-
just take the kids with you and leave him at home for the family holiday. i have been doing that for several years.
before that, there never was a family vacation, because he (my ah) never wanted to go.
my trips with my 2 boys have been some of the best times ever.
enjoy yourself and your kids!!
Old 05-04-2008, 04:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm glad you had a great time. (hugs)
Old 05-04-2008, 06:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm glad you had a good time even if it was interrupted. I wouldn't want a 15 year old left at home either!