Notices

need feedback from other speed freaks

Old 06-29-2003, 02:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Debbie Thoney

Unhappy need feedback from other speed freaks

I feel so lost. I have nobody to talk to about my problems. My fiance and I have different ideas about how I should handle my addiction problem. I say I need help I can't do it alone. He says just do it.like its that easy. I love him dearly but I can't make him understand. sure he quit doing speed, but he substituted the speed with alcohol. I don't want to do speed any more but I need help. I think it's morre of a battle with him than it is the speed. What do I do? HELP! Please?

Old 06-29-2003, 09:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Greatful Sober Biker

Hi Debbie I loved doing speed also other drugs what i had to do was put down the drugs and start going to meetings. I went to
N A and asked for help and now I have been clean and sober for 2 1/2 years now. If you realy want to stop that is how many of us did it. today I want to live free of drugs and I don't want to die from useing drugs. So I hope that this has helped you.
Be Cool BikerBill8
Old 06-29-2003, 11:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Speed was mentally tough for me to kick, I remember a time when I thought that it would be impossible. Speed is very mentally addictive, not so much physically beside the first couple days. Use this to your advantage, get to some meetings, that is what I did and I am clean. Some prefer AA and some prefer NA, you just have to look around. Like you siad, it is hard to quit when there is nobody you can relate with or relate with you to talk about your struggles. NA is a great source of support. If you are serious about getting clean and staying clean, living a productive life, get to some meetings. Those who say that they don't believe in twelve step programs can look into alternatives.