Notices

What did I do this for?

Old 03-27-2008, 11:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What did I do this for?

That is all I can think. What did I do this for?

The last three days have been the longest, darkest worste place I think I have ever been.

I am sick, I ache, I can't sleep, I feel like I have the flu. I am depressed, I have anxiety almost panick attacks, I have chills, I am either to hot or to cold or both at the same time, I been in the bathroom what seems to have been at least 50 times in the last three days. Food don't taste right, nothing feels normal.

The joy of opiate addictoin via pain pills vics, percs, not to mention the xanax, and the weed.

SO I just wonder what did I do this for? How can I get out of this place, cause it sucks last two days two hours of sleep per night, what in the world did I do?

The days are so long I cant stand having to wish time away, days at a time, long days. The longest days its as time is standing still for me as I am trapped in myself. Locked in a world of confussion and pain and what feels like suffering.

I dont know! I dont know how I let this happen.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Tellme-

The good news is your at the peek of your withdrawal symptoms, the bad news is your extremely voulnerable so don't put yourself around anyone who can get you high. The time frame for the opiates your one is 5-7 days for the worst of them, that will vary depending on the amount you were taking and the amount of time you were taking them. regarless of that the most important thing to get your body to feel better is nutrition! Good, high quality food. Right now though it doesn't matter how much solid food you put in your mouth it's all going to come out as liquid(sorry, it sucks I know). You need to eat good food because it's the only way your going to get your body back on track, and it's much easier for you mind to feel good if your body feels good, you know?

I know that everything taste weird but you have to eat, the longer you put it off the longer your going to go through withdrawals. I started with fuji apples and peanut butter, celery and peanut butter, toast and peanut butter. If you cant stomach much get the fiber capsules or metamucile powder, vegetables (brocholli & cheese so good) and also a multi-vitamin daily.

As for the wirlwind of craziness going on inside your head, it's up to you to sort it out and decide what's right and wrong

Be Strong-Peace!
Old 03-27-2008, 01:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There is in joy in opiate addiction. There is no joy in having to score weed or pills or dope or anything. There is no joy.

You are sick but it WILL pass. Just remember when you get on the other side of the withdrawals how bad it was and hopefully it will be a good check when your feeling weak, vunerable or having cravings. I think it would be a good idea to journal how miserable you are so you have a point of reference and so tomorrow or the next day or the next day, you can reflect on how much BETTER it's getting and to remind yourself there is an end to the withdrawals.

One minute, one hour at a time. It gets better. There is life on the other end. Keep drinking fluids too!

You are doing great! Don't go away - keep posting!!! You will have lots of encouragement!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 05:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The way you can do it is to take one minute at a time. Two days? You're almost there! If you can get to a meeting for inspiration!
Old 03-27-2008, 10:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Waiting For Engines

You have received terrific responses from everyone so I'll add just one thing that helped me during my first "cold turkey" experience; that is, taking warm baths. Maybe someone mentioned this previously, but I have used all the methods that all the folks here mentioned.

I went to my first NA meeting while I was still physically sick and kicking and I shook like a trapped rabbit that day. Some guy saw me and started talking to me, and gave me the blue book and from that point on, I always sought support from NA.

You are suffering the withdrawal and the focus of your question maybe can be, "How great it will be to not be a slave to these pills and powders..." Imagine having money to buy something good for yourself? And, never forget what this feels like...It will truly help you in early recovery, in my opinion.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I hope you can make it.It is so rough, but stay strong.It will be so worth it after this is over.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know it seems like things will never get better, but it does. I had a 3 year addiction to pain pills, and it took me many attempts before I finally kicked it. The worst of it lasted me 3 days and by day 7, the physical symptoms were over. I tried to stay busy and keep my mind off the addiction, I just told myself every morning that today I was not going to take that pill. Hang in there and keep moving forward.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you for your post.

Let me just say, we've ALL BEEN THERE. I mean EXACTLY where you're at. Thought/felt those EXACT same things in withdrawal. More times than I care to mention, myself.

The good news is, you're almost there. Keep up the good work. Get to some AA/NA meetings, and I mean QUICK. Stay strong, you CAN do this, and when you finally get free of this feeling (about another 3-5 days at most, probably) you are going to feel SO HAPPY I can't even tell ya. And you'll have a valuable learning experience under your belt to help you when temptation strikes in the future. REMEMBER this feeling, how you feel right now. You DO NOT want to be back here ever again, RIGHT? As long as you just DON'T pick up that FIRST DRUG or DRINK, you'll NEVER have to my friend!
Old 04-04-2008, 12:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
a product of ur own inviroment

defeat never comes to a man untill He admits it!!!

Old 04-04-2008, 05:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
"The BAND" workshop ROCKS!

Thanks for the gentle reminder that DAY ONE SUCKS! I should know, I've done it a couple of dozen times. But then you start to accumulate time and make friends and get healthier and it's a whole new life. But for now just do the other feel good stuff. Be around sober people, take the warm bath, drink LOTS of fluids, treat yourself. Heck eat a half gallon of Haagen Daz if it makes you feel good. DON"T USE. Remember this feeling, you do not want to feel it ever again, right?