Notices

cocaine addicts/recovers

Old 03-26-2008, 07:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

cocaine addicts/recovers

hey well im not too sure what to think right now ive been on citalopram hydrobromide for about a month now, i did coke and e one night along with alcohol like 3 months ago and i still feel like im not in reality and "not myself" is this normal for coke recovery to last this long? i was only on coke for around 2 months before this so i was just wondering...i dont really have any physical issues just mental i have hard time being by myself and going out with friends...just wanna know if this is normal or not, im going to see doc agian soon but i was jw,thanks!
Old 03-26-2008, 08:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I was on crack for 2-3 years, but the only thing I remember going through, was having to re-learn what life is like without dope.....dealing without stress without thinking "f it, I'll just get high and deal with it later". The physical part of withdrawing from crack was over, for me, in just a few hours...it was the mental that was so hard.

A lot of E is laced with other harmful drugs.

I'm glad you're going back to your doctor. Be honest with him and tell him what's going on. We're quick to think everything is related to dope, but sometimes it's not. He's the best person to advise you.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-28-2008, 06:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thank you, does anyone else know if this is unusual or not?
Old 03-28-2008, 08:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Who knows what's normal for you? The one thing we tend to forget when we put things into our bodies that don't belong there is that we react differently, and one time or one run can damage us in ways that might take a long time to heal. Sometimes, we don't heal at all. Granted, my using career was a long one, but it took me a long time to accept that the memory issues I have may never be resolved. It's been five and a half years -- I live by my lists and my date book because I just can't keep it all in my head like I used to.

How did things go with your doctor?

Peace & Love,
Sugah