Notices

Help Me Please

Old 03-25-2008, 09:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help Me Please

I am new to this website so please forgive my inexperience with navigating. I need advise. I have been clean for 3 1/2 weeks and am totally comitted to staying clean. My experience has been my last two boyfriends using me for money and sex and I have finally come to the conclusion that I am better than that. After all, where have they been the last few months when things went bad for me? I started a new job last week and am working hard at 'fitting in' and although I have good job skills I have a hard time relating to all the other women complaining about trivial things such as noisy neighbours and the 'it's not my job' line....I'm just happy as a temp to be making 12 bucks an hour compaired to their 20 bucks an hour... they have no idea what hard times are - I go in every day with a smile on my face and look forward to my little pay check. Tonight I got a call from the guy who I first smoked crack with and he was in town and had just bought - I was strong and told him no, I was busy....he was pissed on the phone - I was strong on the phone but after I hung up I was jonesing like crazy.....please help me in my decision to say no
Old 03-25-2008, 09:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Looks like you did that just fine on your own.
That took alot to do.
I know I probably couldnt have done it.
Yea some people just dont know how easy they have it.
But you know you seem humble and off to a pretty good start.
Keep doing your thing and dont worry about others.
Old using buddies are definately a big no no.
You did great. Keep it up.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I guess it's too late to ask for advise....goodnight everyone
Old 03-25-2008, 09:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

You did great! I am proud of you. Keep posting and keep telling on your disease like that cuz you are only as sick as your secrets. I remember in early recovery working in an office setting just having gotten off meth where ppl had real problems working with a bunch of whinners but then I had to remind myself that many of the problems out here in drugsville were brought on by ourselves. so, they only have whinnie crap....they are actually blessed cuz they have not had to see what I have seen.....

however we do know that our experiences can teach us what we no longer want.

Keep saying no, keep posting, keep sharing.... get to a meeting too!

Sheila
Old 03-26-2008, 09:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

One way you might consider leaving the past behind-change your phone number. You can give the new number to the folks that need it and that YOU want to, but do you really want to have your using buddies to calling you? They will, you know.