Notices

Symptoms: what is he on???

Old 06-25-2003, 10:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Symptoms: what is he on???

I'm sure the information lies somewhere on this site, if someone could point me in the right direction. But here are the behaviors that my husband has been displaying. I hope it sounds familiar to someone.

Excessively sweaty palms - the the wet, clammy palms of a completely different person from my H who I have been with for 16 years (since we were 16)

Strange facial expression - slow...languid blinking

Nervous, halting speech

Normally very sexually active, but during these periods - never wants it to end and never...finishes even after hours.

More talkitive that usual - normally quiet

LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES

Could someone please tell me what is going on? H tells me that I am crazy and that it is all my imagination.
Old 06-25-2003, 11:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to Sober Recovery.

A lot of things could cause the reactions you describe.If you feel something is wrong,trust your instincts.Please be sure to check out our Nar Anon forum.You'll find a lot of support from people who understand what you are going through.Take care,

phoenix
Old 06-26-2003, 11:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

There is no way for me to know what he is on for those reactions come from many drugs but if I were to make an opinion it would be methamphetamine. All these symptoms match methamphetamine abuse.
Old 06-26-2003, 11:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Jordan -

Thank you for responding.

Here are some more symptoms:

Eagerness to tell every detail of his life

Calm, impossible to anger

His nose is always runny. He sniffs alot and blows many times a day for the past several months.
Old 06-26-2003, 11:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Runner1, and welcome. You could list syptoms the whole day long and no-one will be able to tell you what your husband is using except him. Have you asked him??? He's the only one who would be able to tell you for sure.

Phoenix had a great suggestion in that you give the Nar-Anon forum a look over. That is the forum for those who have a spouse, partner, or child who is abusing drugs, and you'll get some good feedback over there on how to cope.

Hope to see you there!
Old 06-27-2003, 12:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
mia
Paused

hI,

YOU KNOW i HAVE A SON THAT DOES A LOT OF WHAT YOUR HUSBAND IS DOING, AND HE SHOTS METH.... WHEN HE IS FIRST ON IT HE IS IN A GREAT MOOD, HE WILL TELL ME ANYTHING i want to know, except of course that he is on drugs, then as the hours tick away he gets moodier and more restless by the minute, another sign of this kind of use is smoking a ton of cigarettes like one after another, hardly any sleep, and as days go by may say things that make no sence to you at all. also his face may break out real bad....I am here for you, it is an awful thing to deal with, if you have ANY questions at all please email me....mia
Old 06-27-2003, 04:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

Mia -

Thank you for your reply. H has admitted to methamphetamine and cocaine. Then he suddenly forgot that he previously confessed to that. Now he won't admit to anything and I have no idea what he is doing.

He lies all the time and makes up the most insane excuses about money disappearances that you have ever heard.

We have been together for 16 years (since we were 16). He has transformed into a completely different person, but he is still my favorite person in the world. I wish my love would die so the pain would end.

I just found this site and realize that I need to look into detaching more, but it is not as easy in reality.

Good to talk to you,
Dawn
Old 06-27-2003, 04:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Originally posted by Runner1

....I just found this site and realize that I need to look into detaching more, but it is not as easy in reality. ...

Hello Runner1

You might want to check out the power posts on the al-anon and nar-anon boards as suggested to you by Phoenix and Margo. The powerposts are very informative and there are also many posts throughout the boards about detaching.

Take care.
Debbie
Old 06-27-2003, 04:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Paused

Thank you Debbie. I am just starting to read and have read some very helpful Power Posts so far.
Old 06-27-2003, 11:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Any time!! I am glad you are finding them helpful. Hope to see you on the anon forums as well. We are a fun bunch of people if I do say so myself........

Take care.
Debbie