Notices

Eight Days Clean

Old 03-16-2008, 07:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Resilient One

Eight Days Clean

I'm feeling better. I'm still puffy as heck with water retention, though, but I'm also working with harsh chemicals on the house (stain, paint remover, mineral oils, TSP, sanding, etc).

I do remember having this problem before in '01 and recall showing my mother my ankles while sitting on her back porch, wondering what in the world it was and why I was retaining so much water. It was so bad that I went to my doctor requesting a diuretic because I was a maid of honor at my best friend's upcoming wedding and didn't want to be so puffy. This was way before my addiction, but I was on the maximum dose of zoloft at the time and it was the middle of summer (and I had packed on nearly 50 pounds from the awful side effect of those anti-depressants). I am overweight again, from the drug use of codeine, so maybe that is why? I feel fine otherwise, no jaundice, no problems with using the washroom, no lethargy aside from the usual end of day exhaustion, etc.

I don't know if others who have withdrawn from codeine have found they had a lot of energy. There is so much for me I have to wonder if I am going through a manic episode (I have never been dx'd as bipolar but with PTSD). For instance, I sanded and stripped the oak wood in our foyer for most of the day yesterday, had a nap from about 3:30pm to 6:00pm, then I stayed up until 4:30am last night to stain my foyer, went to bed and then woke up at 10:00am and was at it again by 11:30am. Went to bed at 4:30pm and just got up to grab a shower. Yikes. My clock is seriously off, but the good news is that the foyer is looking so gorgeous.

Oh yeah, and I'm still clean!!!! :bounce
Old 03-16-2008, 07:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

:bounce Congrats on 8 days!
Old 03-17-2008, 04:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 8 days but watch out for those mood swings. If they keep up well into quitting, you might want to see a doctor.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober