Language of Letting Go - March 7

Old 03-07-2008, 02:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Language of Letting Go - March 7

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Fulfillment

Everything I need shall be provided today. Everything. Say it, until you believe it. Say it at the beginning of the day. Say it throughout the day.

Sometimes, it helps to know what we want and need. But if we don't, we can trust that God does.

When we ask, trust, and believe that our needs will be met, our needs will be met. Sometimes God cares about the silliest little things, if we do.

Today, I will affirm that my needs will be met. I will affirm that God cares and is the Source of my supply. Then I will let go and see that what I have risked to believe is the truth.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990, Hazelden Foundation.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I don't think it's any coincidence that through my life, just as I really need something and seem to have run out of options, a solution appears. Sometimes it leads me to a different path and sometimes it's just that unexpected check that comes and covers the bill I was trying to pay.

They say that coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous, and I believe that with all my heart. God may not give me all I want....but He never fails to provide all I need.

Hugs
Old 03-07-2008, 02:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Good Morning or Good Evening wherever you may live in this wonderful world that SR reaches!

Thanks Ann for starting this thread. It just so happens that I bought 'The Language of Letting Go' on Monday. Coincidence? I don't think so. I just realized that yesterday's title was Peace and tomorrow's is Surrender. Is that a message in itself?

Do you want to find Peace? Do you Fulfillment in your life? Then you must Surrender

My Thoughts on This:

What I thought about when I read this is that God gives us what we need, not necessarily what we want. I want a million dollars, I want to be 105 lbs. again, I want a new car . . . . But today, I just need to remember that I simply need to ask for God's strength to make it through today, just today. We'll worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

It's like the songs say, "You can't always get what you want but if you try sometimes, you'll find, you get what ya need"

God Bless, Thank God . . . Just for Today

Judy
Old 03-07-2008, 02:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

You will love that book, Judy, I am on my third copy because I wear them out reading them.

When I purchased "Codependent No More" it was an accident, lol. I had been encouraged to get it and typical of me at the time, I just procrastinated and never got a copy until one day I walked into a book store looking for something else...and I knocked over a whole display of "Codependent No More", and felt guilty so figured I better buy a copy and it was one of the best books I have ever read about codpendency and why I am the way I am.

Coincidence? Accident? I think not.

Hugs
Old 03-07-2008, 03:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

You knocked over the display rack? Boy, talk about a message God wanted you to hear loud and clear! That's funny.

I had the book several years ago. But in a fit of anger after going back out, I trashed all my Recovery Material. Like that was gonna make anything better.

Have a good day and thanks again for starting this thread!

God Bless & thank God . . . Just for Today