Notices

On my third day and feeling like poop

Old 02-29-2008, 05:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

On my third day and feeling like poop

I feel weird today. I think it might have something to do with the coupla Tylenol PMs I took last night. I really didn't wanna take them because they ruined my whole next day from feeling grogg last time I took them. But I took them early enough last night so I don't feel groggy today. But I feel weird. My body feels rubbery, and I can hardly focus. My throat hurts too, which tells me I might be coming down with something. Man, I thought I'd start to feel better at this point, but it seems like I'm feeling worse and worse each day! I haven't smoked a cig in 2 days, and I feel like I smoked 2 packs last night!

It's been only 2 whole days since my last drink, I'm on my third day. I don't know what I should be expecting to feel during this recovery process. A friend said if I can make it through the first 5 days, then I'll be fine. I just didn't think 5 days would be this hard, HA! I'm fooling myself.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you talked to your dr about detoxing?

Early recovery is hard physically, emotionally and spiritually. It will get better as each day goes by.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

As a smoker, I cannot imagine withdrawing from both at once. Some do it, and successfully. Scares me. I hope to use my success with alcohol to catapult me into nicotine remission. But I have to have priorities.

I don't know how much or what you drank. I'm on day 14 from a very moderate (in alcoholic terms, not "normal" terms) usage. It does get better. But just when you think you are cruising, you will find the rituals and the triggers hiding in the bushes.

I'm not really a believer in "days." But I think it does have some real physiological and psychological significance. Particularly the physiological. My biochemistry is changing and my brain is rewiring. It is very weird.

What I do not have, however is the constant fatigue and fog and associated crap that is the toll of drinking. Fabulous!

Stay focused and, if I may suggest, either in a meeting or here. I chose here, for a variety of reasons that do not include disliking AA. For two weeks I have spent dozens of waking hours on this site. Reading. And writing more than I have a right to. It engages tons of neurons that would otherwise be screaming "feed me beer, NOW!" I cannot tell you how much it has helped me.

I look forward to reading of your success.

warrens
Old 02-29-2008, 07:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 51anna View Post
Have you talked to your dr about detoxing?

Early recovery is hard physically, emotionally and spiritually. It will get better as each day goes by.
I don't have a doctor. I don't have insurance. I wish I could go.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Bring Laughter Wherever You Go

Originally Posted by timeforchange View Post
I just didn't think 5 days would be this hard,
I'm repeating myself here, but for the sake of my sobriety, I have to.
When I think about how HARD it is to NOT drink, I try to turn my thinking around and think about how hard my DRINKING was.
Is it hard to stay sober? Absolutely.
Is is hard to drink........ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!
What are the benefits of drinking:
NONE.
What are the benefits of NOT drinking?
No hangovers....headaches, naseau, spinning head, etc..
No blackouts.
No guilt, shame, remorse, embarrassment.
No missing work.
No spending your last dime on booze.
No apologies to make or excuses to give.
The list goes on.
So, when it gets super tough to stay sober, I just remember all the things above, and think about my last drunk......not much to remember as I always black out.
I know how you feel. The above helps me a lot.
Hope it may help you.
Tay.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

3 days! That's great news timeforchange. Hold on, it will get better. For me the physical symptoms peaked at day 5, then rapidly improved. On day 8, right now I'm only struggling with my sleep - sleeping too much and feeling a lot of fatigue, which is a good thing. The emotional part is another story, lol. Take it as it comes, one minute at a time

Matt
Old 02-29-2008, 11:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Another Day in Paradise

Whenever you are feeling strange, take a walk. I realize that sounds too simple, but most answers are.

It has been awhile since I quit, but I still remember that walking cleared my head and the physical exercise stimulated the blood flow and the metabolism. I am not talking about jogging or running a marathon, just walk around the neighborhood and get a preview of the world you are getting in shape to enjoy. In addition the walk keeps you away from the booze and fills up time. There are NO limits to the amount of walks that you can take in a day.

Try it, you'll like it.

Jon
Old 02-29-2008, 11:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Please read this for information about de toxing

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

You can go to an ER if your withdrawal symptoms are severe.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

ditto the above and congrats