Notices

Blood Work O.K.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Blood Work O.K.

Good Morning ~ Well here it is day 11 <G> ... still doing o.k. My blood results were good - no injury to liver nor pancreas ... he found out that I am anemic and that my protein levels in blood are very low. My Doctor said that alcohol can deplete many nutrients from your body and upon looking at my results said I was very lucky..... *don't I know* it's funny for that one *nano* second upon hearing that my liver was fine I wanted a drink *how bad is that!?* but I didn't. At least now I know why I can't drag my a** out o bed in the morn and yawn all the time - so I will take Iron pills for a bit but a multi vitamin. He said to really work on eating good - very important as my body heals. Yesterday I found myself getting angry for no reason .... I just didn't want to be around anyone for about 2 hours just needed to work things out and BREATHE...... it seems the longer I don't drink the more my body is doing weird things ..... guess I never realized how much I abused my body with alcohol and realize now that not only *me* but my skin, organs and every fiber of my need to re-adjust to me not drinking .... I apologize to my brain, liver, heart, skin, digest system for all the havoc I have created .... When does the body heal? Are there any threads that explain what happens when you quit drinking? When I quit smoking they had a chart like after 1 day, 1 week, 1 month ect...... how do I know my body is trying to recover to a healthy state? or is my body falling apart because I quit drinking? Thanks .... stay strong ..... we are all a great support system to each other .......

Old 02-21-2008, 02:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Tai Chi!

Congratulations on day 11. I'm on day fifteen today and could relate to all of your post.

Both my body and my mind are going through a bunch of changes being sober.

I'm through the worst of the physical withdrawals. But I still have insomnia, extreme fatigue, head aches and various aches and pains that seem to come out of nowhere. (The aches and pains prolly have always been there, but until now I was pretty numb on a daily basis!)

Emotionally, it feels like a roller coaster at times. I'll get mad, sad, glad at the drop of a hat without any reason. I'm just relieved that I can feel anything at all.

In all this turmoil I'll feel moments of absolute peace and hope...I know that I'm doing the right thing, I'm taking care of myself for the first time in a very long, long time.

I'm not a Doc, but based on what I'm going through, I would guess that your body and soul are trying to heal. Hopefully the falling apart is past both of us. Just got to do the right thing and stay sober one day at a time.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

Hey Tai Chi - well done on your sober time - you too mtnmagic!!!

When I got the results of my blood tests back I couldn't believe that all my levels were normal either after all that I'd put my liver through with drinking so much...

I got spontaneous anger as well, I would get angry at small things and had to bite my tongue a few times to avoid an outburst which I'd probably regret later!!!

Have you checked up on PAWS?

Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS): An Easy To Understand Explanation on Squidoo

Good going folks, keep up the good work!!!
Old 02-21-2008, 05:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I did follow an eating plan in early sobriety.
Google for info on hypoglycemia
and that's close to my plan.

Glad to know you are moving forward!