Notices

New here..

Old 02-19-2008, 07:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile New here..

Hello, I joined this site for help with an alcoholic family member and found this group. I've smoked for 35 years and will trying Chantix in a couple weeks to try to stop smoking. I was worried about Chantix but a co worker went on it and stopped smoking. She has now been off Chantix for 3 months and still not smoking. I have to give it a try. I quit once cold turkey, lasted 6 weeks and I was craving it badly all that time. Thanks.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

Hi, tstorm!
And welcome to SR's Nicotine Forum!

There's many sticky threads up top with some great information about smoke cessation. Take a look at them, and see if there's anything helpful. I'm sure you'll find things.

And there's a thread just about Chantix on the forum, too. Why not read up on people's experiences. Ask questions, and get aquainted with some of the others on the forum. There's lots of friendly people here, willing to share their ESH, (experience, strength and hope), with you.

Finally, there's a daily check in thread. It helps us keep ourselves accountable. And it's a great place to share our frustrations and our accomplishments!

You can do this!!! It's not easy. You *may* experience some set backs, but, we grow from our mistakes. It's all about progress. One day at a time.

Shalom!