Notices

Just for Today

Old 02-10-2008, 03:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Smile Just for Today

Oh the rewards of recovery

I read this every day and today really is on the button and I wanted to share it with you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
February 11
A Curse Into A Blessing
"We have become very grateful in the course of our recovery.... We have a disease, but we do recover" Basic Text, p. 8

Active addiction was no picnic; many of us barely came out of it alive. But ranting against the disease, lamenting what it has done to us, pitying ourselves for the condition it has left us in—these things can only keep us locked in the spirit of bitterness and resentment. The path to freedom and spiritual growth begins where bitterness ends, with acceptance.

There is no denying the suffering brought by addiction. Yet it was this disease that brought us to Narcotics Anonymous; without it, we would neither have sought nor found the blessing of recovery. In isolating us, it forced us to seek fellowship. In causing us to suffer, it gave us the experience needed to help others, help no one else was so uniquely suited to offer. In forcing us to our knees, addiction gave us the opportunity to surrender to the care of a loving Higher Power.

We would not wish the disease of addiction on anyone. But the fact remains that we addicts already have this disease— and further, that without this disease we may never have embarked on our spiritual journey. Thousands of people search their whole lives for what we have found in Narcotics Anonymous: fellowship, a sense of purpose, and conscious contact with a Higher Power. Today, we are grateful for everything that has brought us this blessing.

Just for today: I will accept the fact of my disease, and pursue the blessing of my recovery.

pg. 43
Old 02-10-2008, 05:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really like this - I get people who look at me like I'm a nut when I speak of the blessings of addiction but it's made me who I am - strong, determined, self aware - but also compassionate, hopefully non-judgemental, and always open to the needs of others

thanks!
D
Old 02-10-2008, 05:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
cmc

Just for today: I will accept the fact of my disease, and pursue the blessing of my recovery.

pg. 43
I'm in another program but the message is the same. The effects of the disease in someone else....drove me to find the help that _I_ need. I am grateful for their need and mine because now I have found help for myself.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

I am full of Love as I head out to the dentist LOL

Later

Kevin