Notices

Day One

Old 06-15-2003, 05:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Day One

Hey All,
I made a decision today. Like my sister, I am going to be clean and sober, too. (She's in rehab.) No, I don’t really get high anymore but I have become quite a social drinker, and come on we all know that, “you can’t change a zebras stripes” (is that the right saying?), that is my addictive behaviour sheds its light in many different forms whether its alcohol, illegal drugs, or over the counter pills. And if my sis is going to be clean and sober then **** it, I am going to be too. I am not going to drink anymore. I don’t even like it. I wake up after a night of drinking and I tell myself, “Yuck, I’m never doing that again...” but then 4 days later I have another drink, which usually turns into at least 2 more drinks, and then a pretty strong buzz, if not complete intoxication and then a strong desire for heavier drugs, married with often extremely embarrassing behaviour and worse yet, impaired social relationships. Not to mention that every drink jeopardizes my personal life and relationship. So. I am saying it in writing, Today is day 1 of being 100% clean and sober. June 15, 2003. I will drink coffee and maybe occasionally smoke a cigarette but I am done with everything else. I might even go to an AA meeting and check it out. I’m 31. I’ve been partying and getting intoxicated for over 16 years. This is getting old.
Old 06-15-2003, 05:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

****{DAY ONE}}}

I congratulate you on making this decision!! I am 31 yrs old myself and have been an addict for a very very long time, Made it 30 days with only a small slip, and I know in my heart I'll be happier for being sober. I am glad you are here and I hope to see ya around!

Many hugs and hope too,
Tammie
Old 06-15-2003, 05:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Smile

Thanks Tammie,
I am a little scared about what this means. I know its going to affect my social life, ad lifestyle. I know there are certain people who will be disappointed by my decision. I am sad about not getting their support. I know ultimately its a good thing for me, and that I have to do this for me now.
Old 06-15-2003, 06:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

I know exactly what you mean being scared about how sobriety will be, and how will you handle social situations, etc. In the social scene I am pretty lucky because well, I just became so isolated and withdrawn into my own world I don't have a life in social circles!LOL!! You are really doing the right thing for yourself and as far as people that don't understand this it is very sad that you feel you will be judged and not supported, I feel for you.....but remember we're always home here and we want you to feel welcome 24/7!!! Never hesitate to get on here and post and vent and just be yourself, cause that's the way we like you...just how you are, unconditionally. It has really helped me tremendously that people on here are so kind and open and honest, it's wonderfully supportive, so keep posting and I hope to see ya around!!

Many hugs and hope too,
tammie
Old 06-15-2003, 07:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome ....and ditto to everything Tammie said

This truly is a good thing you are doing for yourself.

phoenix