Notices

kind of slipping in my thoughts

Old 01-27-2008, 09:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

kind of slipping in my thoughts

hey guys,
hope everyone is doing good at this time. I am on day 11 and was doing great until this past weekend. I went to a party, knowing there would be alcohol and drugs there. I did not relapse, however, I am now trying to justify or question my sobriety... This is not good. I went to a meeting tonite and was told, the obvious, about to places where there would be this kind of behavior. I already think I know what to do to maintain sobriety, but, as you know, my mind is just playing tricks on me and I really want to drink at the moment. I do not plan on this right now though. I have not gotten a sponsor yet, however, I plan on getting at least someone to temporarily sponsor me this week. Just for some more insight and support. You would think after just getting out of rehab from a 4 day binge 11 days ago, that I would have my head on straight and do the right thing, but, oh no.. same old s... patterns, different day. Sorry for rambling and venting.. thank you.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting, PG. The main thing is that you didn't drink. We're proud of you!

Sounds like you've got a very good game plan for this week. Now, just work it to the best of your abilities. And reach out to people when you need help.

Let us know how it goes...
Old 01-27-2008, 11:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Recovering Alcoholic/Addict

Good job staying sober despite the temptations at the party PG!

Your mind will occasionally play games with you during your recovery. Keep posting and let your friends help remind you it's just a mind game.

Keep going!
Old 01-28-2008, 12:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

When I was a drinker...so were my friends.
As I am now a non drinker...so are my friends.

Glad you have a plan ...
Old 01-28-2008, 05:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Lurker

If you do not get a sponcer. Get some #'s so you can call someone if you need to. Heck call them just to chat. there is nothing like taliking to another alcky. If I were you I would stay away from the parties for a while too.