Notices

Life is about living.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Life is about living.

Hi All,
I have only posted a few times here in the last couple of months.
I`m now 2 months without drinking. Didn`t think I would make it this far, but the fact that there is everyone else here going through the same is a great help.
I do still crave a drink, I can`t see myself not ever craving, maybe that will change with time. But I`m starting to see so much change in my life, I know I have to keep on going.

I often read my first thread and keep reminding myself how low and depressed I was, it really does scare me reading it.

I also often think "oh just one will be OK".... that voice is pure and simple the addition talking... don`t give in....think of or do something else, quick!

Would be happy to talk to anyone if they would like a chat, I know that it can feel like entering another world at first.

I am so glad I have been given a second chance to live. As life really isn`t about being in a drunken stupor not remembering anything, Life is about living!

Take care all x:ghug3
Old 01-07-2008, 05:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
believer

I'm proud of you! That voice you're referring reminds me of Rusty Zipper's and Pilgrim's Rat thread. On how that rat sometimes crawled and tried to convince the mind to go back to that bad place.

I am so glad you have two months. And i want to keep hearing you count it.
Many haven't had that second chance. We're all very, very blessed...

hug, Karim
Old 01-07-2008, 05:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I agree. I know I am blessed that I have had numerous chances. I feel my luck running or has run out.
We arent guarenteed anything. I dont want to chance it.
Although I have been cranky the past couple days. I know at least I am sober to feel it.
So thank you for reminding me. Life is for livivng. Not masking and running away.
Congrats on your 2 mos.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 2 months I think that’s incredible. This past weekend I was at my favorite restaurant and I eyeballed a couple of drinks and thought I might be able to have just one. I've been sober for a while and sometimes I think that somehow that qualifies me to drink like other men. I can tell you I never could have just one. I used to drink triple shot margaritas. There's nothing in a Herradura Seleccion Suprema Triple shot Margaritas that spells maybe I can have just one.

So like you said I got back to my conversation with my wife she likes it when I treat her like a princess, my Prime Rib and back to living my life. I got home said thanks to God that I didn’t drink, called my sponsor and the next day I went to meeting. I wish you all the best and thank-you for taking the time to put up your thread.

All Good Things,
Old 01-07-2008, 05:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Congrats on the 2 months sober, I assume you are doing it on your own? I tried that many times over the years and I finally gave in to the drink. Where I found long term sobriety, happy sobriety, and actually having the urge/need to drink lifted from me was in the AA program and steps. What a difference not doing it alone, staying sober myself while helping others do the same thing. I see you are in the UK, check out this link, excellent video. Alcoholics Anonymous UK Newcomers
Old 01-07-2008, 06:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

You Bet It Is !
Hoping to get some windsurfing in myself come summertime !
I have been known to say just that often !
Life is just one big adventure too bad work gets in the way.....
Old 01-07-2008, 08:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone, for such kind words, it means alot.