Notices

Progress update

Old 06-10-2003, 07:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Progress update

Just wanted to say that I am still clean===one week down and a lifetime to go

I am so proud of myself; I have had many hard times this week and spent alot of time to myself but I am feeling good and looking forward to staying clean. The meetings and reading I have been doing are helping me stay focused.

My boyfriend; who still uses is keeping it away from home. they go to other peoples houses, which at least is saving me $$ on airfresheners!! I am even getting a great tan. I have been swimming and spending time outside as time allows which I had quit doing since I was a "closet" user.

Just wanted to update those who have reached out to me with support.

Lucky
Old 06-11-2003, 06:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Congrats on your one week Luckydog!!

Keep it up and keep in touch. Peace.

Tyler
Old 06-11-2003, 08:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Great job!! keep up the great work, just one day at a time!!!

Learning to be myself with myself was a really big deal for me, it was hard, but now I am the best company I know :p
Old 06-11-2003, 12:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Hey Luckydog !!!!

Congratulations on the one week - awesome going and keep it up - not for ever but just for today.

This time alone stuff is real hard to deal with and I am struggling with that too. I have recently moved out of my home - away from my wife and kids - and the guys that I am staying with have gone away - so I am in a large house with not mush to do except keep myself occupied. However, I have found this site and I must say that just reading all the postings has made a big difference.

I am one month and one day clean and sober and I hope it works for me this time. I now have a dedicated sponsor and am working the program to the best of my abilities, so I pray for a bit of help from my HP and I hope I can do it for the long run.

Tyler - how you doing buddy - hope you OK
Old 06-12-2003, 03:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Luckydog

Keep up the good work. Things get easier with each passing day. Tommorow is my last dose of methadone. I know it will be sooooo hard because I have to deal with the little guys, not to mention the 2 older ones. Oh well......... my time has finally come.
Old 06-14-2003, 07:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

Trish,
It's been a couple of days how about an update?
Concerned, Greg
Old 06-15-2003, 03:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

Doctor Benz

Hey, how are you doing. This is only my second day. Yesterday I felt very sluggish and nervous. Just waiting out the withdrawals. Slept a bit... more than I thought I would be able to. I have been trying to conquer a flu for over 2 weeks. My immune system is very low at this time and is fighting this bacteria with all it's might. I know the detox would not be so hard if I didn't have the kids or this damn bug!! It was hard to keep up my regular routine, but I have to do it or no one else will.
Uh-oh heavy sneezing has begun. But I know that this is only the beginning of the symptoms The hardest part is yet to come. It's going to be rough the next couple of days but I know that I can do this.
This is actually the second day in 20 years that I have not taken anything drug related...legal/illegal.
Well, gotta run...I have several school evaluation meetings to attend for my children in 2 days. Need to get my head together!! Of all the times in my life, it has to be now that I have to face the board of education at my lowest point. Ughh
Old 06-15-2003, 08:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Paused

Smile

Hi Trish,
I'm doing fine, no withdrawls except for cold flashes and using thoughts. It's been 24 days now.
It's a drag about your cold and all. You have come so far, for this time right now. I'm sure it will be tough but just keep remembering how long you have worked to get here. Everyone is pulling for you.
Best of luck, Greg
Old 06-16-2003, 03:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks a bunch Greg. I know that I have been coasting along and my time is going to come tonight. I am dreading it... but also anticipating it.
Anyway if it doesn't break me down totally....I will talk to you soon.