Boyfriend addicted

Old 12-22-2007, 06:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Boyfriend addicted

I finally decided to get involved with something to help me deal with drug and alcohol abuse after I returned home last night, after working 47 hours in four days, to my boyfriend after his Christmas party. Drunk, high, using still more drugs.

My money is gone; I am now getting money from my parents on a regular basis. It is not that I do not have an education, I do; but times are tough in Sarasota to obtain a job that pays a living wage. There are plenty of service jobs that pay little. I work as many hours as I can to make up for the lack of help I get from the person who I thought would help me in rent and food.

He steals from me; he lies to me; he smokes pot all the time; but he can function at work, calling in sick infreuquently. He's had issues with pain killers in the past, and many of those he works with are addicted to one thing or another, which of course, causes more problems. Meth, coke, pot, pain killers, you name it, they do it. I"m afraid to tell you what kind of business these people are working in.

I'm looking for friends in the Sarasota area to help me bring peace to my world finally. I've looked the other way for so long, until I have no more energy. I do love this person, but I'm not even sure what person he is anymore. Many things he told me when first meeting him turned out not to be true. I do not go out; I avoid parties; I'm alone most of the time because he is always going or coming from work (usually by way of someone's house to party or a bar to with with the "women" he works with). I'm depressed, I'm gaining weight, I'm not taking care of myself, I don't like smiling. I cry a lot.

My child is away for two weeks for Christmas. I can't go see my family with her, because I have to work so much to make money to pay the bills that are behind. I won't have a Christmas this year and it's killing me. My boyfriend wont be buying me anything.

I live with this person since last November, and I am behind on everything in just a short year.

I'll welcome emails from those in my area and those out of the area. Friends are needed and welcome.

Sincerely,

Sarasota Girl
Old 12-22-2007, 06:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

((((Sarasota girl))))
Aww sweetie, you are worth so much more than this, really you are.
And the worse part is, addiction is a progressive disease, so if you BF doesn't want help, he will just spiral deeper into the depths of addiction.

BUT, there are things you can do to make YOU feel better.
Find an Alanon, or NarAnon meeting in your area, and run, don't walk to a meeting!

Read the stickies at the top of this page,
and keep coming back,
we're all here for you...

Others will be along to welcome you shortly...
hang on, okay?

Last edited by mooselips; 12-22-2007 at 06:21 AM. Reason: I forgot something...:)
Old 12-22-2007, 11:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sometimes the first step is the hardest

Welcome Sarasota Girl~
We have the same initials, SG, anyway. You are not alone and you need to start taking care of yourself. I just got out of a year relationship with XABF and I didn't know he was using coke on a irregualr basis or AT ALL! It was quite a shock and makes one realize the relationship wasn't all that you thought it was.

It sounds to me you may need to date someone who doesn't drink, smoke pot, or do any drugs??

But for now, you need to detach from him and your situation and take care of yourself! I am like you, educated, but it is tough to make ends meet a lot of places. I am getting a little help from parents, but what goes around comes around and one day it will be me helping my parents out-maybe more physically than financially but all I'm saying is it's okay and understandable.

Don't be too hard on yourself, that is what I am trying to do too.
He steals from me; he lies to me
Why are you allowing this is your life? You only get one life (that we know of) and it sounds like you are unhappy. I know, I have been there.
It's been over for 2 weeks and its still tough but I am finally getting happier again. You can too!

If you are looking for friends, might I suggest Meetup.com. They have meetups in every town with people who have similar interests. I am just getting into that, as most of my friends are friends with my ex and I need new ones. Or maybe coworkers or something....

Anyway, welcome. Know you are not alone and try to keep your chin up.

Sincerely,

Stellargirl
Old 12-22-2007, 02:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

you deserve so much more than this. you are a hard worker & he takes everything. read the sticky at the top of the forum"what addicts do" & ask yourself if this is really what you want.the addict in my life is my son & at age 36 he is still doing the same thing he was at 17... nothing changes if nothing changes. welcome to SR. we are here to walk you thru this.do something good for you. i am saying a prayers for you & him both.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Sarasota
The addict in my life is my daughter, but we are all here at SR because we love an addict. Keep posting, the people here are very understanding. I have learned a lot and have gained much strength from their wisdom.
I am sorry you are going through this pain. You deserve better. You deserve to be happy. Take care of Yourself. You are important to us.
HUGS
Terri