workin on it

Old 12-21-2007, 02:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ICU

Originally Posted by Otis7 View Post
thanks for everyones advice and encouraging words. I still need to work on my own alcoholism, as I did drink and get drunk tonight, but I am working on my co dependence and making progress.
Progress is a good thing Otis! Keep coming back!
Old 12-21-2007, 04:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I wouldn't call someone who routinely puts me down and tells me to "F off" a friend. Have you tried Alanon? It helped me immensely.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Otis, you've pissed me off more then to think about your (co dependence)
WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, DRIVING ALL OVER THE STREETS OF BALTIMORE DRUNK, AND YOUR WORRIED ABOUT YOUR BUDDY GETTING HURT WALKING, ARE YOU NUTS OR WHAT. don't ever go drinking & driving again.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well do I get any support with this. I know my post was a little abrasive,
but i'v had enough of drunk drivers, does anyone else agree.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by geees poncho View Post
Well do I get any support with this. I know my post was a little abrasive,
but i'v had enough of drunk drivers, does anyone else agree.

No, you are right. I didn't catch his drinking drunk until you brought it to my attention.

Otis7, if you are going to drink, don't drive. There are too many drunks driving already. You do not want to be responsible for someone's injury or death.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Otis, you have got to put yourself first. You can't keep going down the same road with your friend. I think you have decided (sometimes) that maybe doing what you friend does is no longer acceptable. When I quit drinking, I had absolutely nothing in common with my old friends who still drank alot all the time. I wanted more than that, I knew that some day my luck would run out and I wanted to do something different. I was also tired of my relationship with my parents. I wanted them to believe in me and trust me. Drinking and staying out all night was dangerous in so many ways. Put yourself first, you only get one go at life.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i back you up too gees.

otis, i would not worry about your friend. i would worry about taking care of yourself. you cannot help anyone else until you help yourself.

please take another step in your recovery and put a stop to the drinking and driving. in my area we just had a drunk driver run into a police car and the police car caught on fire and the officer had to be put in an induced coma for an entire month because he was burnt so bad!

do you want to be responsible for something like this? please think about yourself and those you are endangering (not helping
Old 12-22-2007, 08:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Hi Otis7,

I too agree with the others, if nothing else take care of yourself.

I was in a very serious car accident several years ago. I was hit and run by a drunk driver and the 3 of us are lucky to be alive. I found out later he was drunk and then fighting with the cop. Anyways, my exabf used to drive by himself all the time this way and it used to scare me to death. Take care of you, like above, you only have this one life.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Otis, I am truly relieved that you will be with your Mom and family. I hope you put yourself first. I hope you take care of you. I hope you don't jeopardize your safety again by getting wasted and hanging out by dumpsters. You are worth so much more than that. I really wish you could see it. Sometimes I focus on what is good in my life, what I am grateful for and that helps. You may want to try writing down all the things that you are grateful for in your life. Have you ever ventured to the women in recovery forum? That is a great place for us to post too. Merry Christmas. Hey what kind of bikes are you into now? Motorcycles or bicycles?
Old 12-24-2007, 04:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
ICU

I'm finally admitting that I am powerless to alcohol, and powerless to the addictions of my friends.
That's another great step.

I need a source of strength.
I went to some open AA meetings with my ex, and was amazed at how newcomers were welcomed with open arrms and how they were treated respectfully. It warmed my heart.

It was also wonderful to see them enter the room with that lost look in their eyes, and, after a few meetings, to see that look begin to be replaced with hope!

Thank you to these forums for giving me a place to vent, and everyone for listening and caring. I feel a little bit of hope right now.
I'm glad that you feel comfortable sharing your story here with us. Sometimes meeting with people who understand face-to-face is enormously beneficial as well.

Think you might want to give some open AA meetings a try? For 'you'?
Old 12-24-2007, 05:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Drinking and driving isn't something I condone, or want to do. It just happens.
BS! Its a choice you make everytime you do it.

I strongly suggest you reach out to your local AA group and start helping yourself. You can choose to begin the road to recovery and you can succeed.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

I know I've been drinking but I drive fine, and when I'm not driving fine I'm too far gone and hard headed for anyone to stop me.
You may not be saying this if your family member or ANYONE was driving towards you and something happened. I wouldn't want to live with that consequence. People in these situations think they are heroes and invincible and drive. My ex was that person and I would really seek help for that if nothing else. Take good care of you.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Otis,

I don't know if you are male or female...it really doesn't matter because alcohol is no respctor of who it takes along to the bottom. I do worry about your cavilier attitude that if I just write about it...I feel better. That isn't the way to get help.

You do recognize that you are drinking too much and now you used a drug you never have before...think you are helping your buddy...when in truth, you are hanging out with your friend so you don't feel so guilty about your drinking.

You are only 19 years old....you have a whole life ahead of you but you won't make much progress if you stay with this friend and alcohol. My brother did this...he quit drinking because he had a suspended 10 year prison sentence over his head...during this time he helped his drunk buddies...the cops even called him to come get his work partner from down town...about every two weeks.

As soon as the ten years were over, he was right back out there with his work partner who died two years ago from his alcoholism. My brother is 65 years old and is still out there drinking and using when he has enough money.

I found my way back to AA and have been sober quite awhile...I wouldn't change my sober life for anything.

Please take care...keep coming back..read..post..tell us Hi & how you are doing.

kelsh