Notices

Thanks for the kind words...and truth

Old 12-16-2007, 05:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thanks for the kind words...and truth

I'm done trying to figure out the "why" ...I'm done trying to figure out "how to do it safely" I CAN"T....Once I start I cannot stop....no child , no wife, no job...I place everything in jeopardy...not just my life but others as well....once I start to drink.....Its also time to start addressing the mental health issues I have as well....depression and anxiety....row upon row of unused prescriptions for very real problems that inevitably lead right back to the bottle if left unaddressed.....the only why I'm interested in is why I don't care or love myself enough to do anything
Old 12-16-2007, 05:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Rob, that's why I fell into addiction too. I didn't like myself or love myself and that's how I could treat myself the horrible way that I did. I also drank to self-medicate and I had to deal with my depression with medication before I could stop drinking. Until my depression was under control, I didn't care enough about myself to make sobriety work. If you dr has given you meds for depression, take them and see if they work and help you. Stay sober. You can do this!
Old 12-16-2007, 06:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Rob,

Praying for you, buddy. Hang in there. Have you tried AA?
Old 12-16-2007, 06:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi Rob . I hope you find some peace within yourself so you can begin to heal. You don't have to blackout or be that way ever again if you stop drinking now. I don't have experience with antidepressants but if you need them please work with your doctor and take them.