Notices

The many positives of this website

Old 12-12-2007, 12:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The many positives of this website

I love this site.
I love the newcomers, and the oldtimers, and the in-betweeners.
I love the fact that I can connect with someone in the UK, or Australia, or the U.S. - people I would not know if it were not for the connection we share here at Sober Recovery. You have all taught me so much, and I am grateful.
:ghug2
Old 12-12-2007, 12:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
not a greeter

The support and connection with others is awesome at Sober Recovery. So is the sheer amount of information contained and available here. Thanks for this thread Rowan!
Old 12-12-2007, 12:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Thanks Rowan! Great idea.

For me, there are WAY more positives than negatives about SR. We're a great bunch of people and the support and knowledge that can be gained here is invaluable and abundant.

Thank you to SR and to all who share their knowledge, experiences, stories, and support.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Take it easy

I'm positive that what ever I "throw out there" will be answered, not always in the way I expected or wanted but more than likely in the way I needed to hear it...
Old 12-12-2007, 12:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

count me in here

you guys rock.
D
Old 12-12-2007, 12:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Me too!

I haven't had a single situation that I couldn't come here and discuss, and figure out a way to deal with it thanks to the ES&H from everyone here.

And I kinda like having friends all over the world

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-12-2007, 12:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
let it grow!

thank you to each of you and to AL GORE for inventing the internet so we could meet!

:chatter
Old 12-12-2007, 12:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Since I don't get to f2f meetings anymore, the fact that there are so many in different stages of recovery here helps to keep my memory green...a very important facet of my own recovery. I hope in some small measure I'm able to benefit the newcomers by sharing my experience, strength, and hope.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
cmc

I came here in crisis and am very grateful for the wonderful friends and great recovery I find here every day. There are no words to say how much this place means to me.

Thanks to Jon who started SR and to the present owners of this site, because without them we would not be here at all. The positives are generally found in the membership. The way SR is set up and run by volunteers is as positive as it gets. Many others who are not on the official 'team' come here continually and take the time and effort to pay attention to others who are in pain. Everyone pitches in to do the 'work' of sharing our recovery, and in the meantime we also have alot of fun.

The destructive force of addiction and alcoholism takes it's toll, but when those most affected by that force push back and unite as one- it's almost unstoppable. It's no stretch to say that because of this site, many lives and families have been saved.

Sometimes there are squabbles and upsets but considering that we all come here in such pain and carrying our own hurts and sick thinking, it's remarkable at how smoothly things run here. It's been my observation since I first signed on that almost as a rule, members here stay true to themselves and to each other like Chance says "with love and respect."
Old 12-12-2007, 01:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
believer

I am very blessed to be here. It changed my life, my acceptance of myself and my own vulnerability. I will always be thankful to each and everyone that touched my soul so deeply..
Old 12-12-2007, 01:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Ro Ro this is an awesome thread! It is people such as you that have come into my life and have made such a positive influence on me!

I love all our connections that we have in SR! From the people across the pond to just the ESH that is shared here each and everyday!!

It is an amazing site and has helped me through a lot of my bad times-given me the courage and strength to keep myself recovering one day at a time! It is my push through the day! Grateful for this site with all my heart!

Love everyone here at SR!

My heart would never be the same without this place!
Old 12-12-2007, 01:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I owe my sobriety to you, my friends here. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Hugs, Jomey
Old 12-12-2007, 01:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Oh, thank you Rowan!

My blood pressure was climbing while I was reading another thread just now! I have tried and failed many different approaches this past few years. What worked for me was the one thing I would have never dreamed would help - SR! All I did was plunge in and start reading - I couldn't tear myself away, I was fascinated. Now I'm addicted & must get on here as often as possible to see how everyone's doing and receive my encouragement for the day, along with all the laughter and tears. I love you, my dear friends, and thank you for what you have given me. Joanie
Old 12-12-2007, 02:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

we know what this place is about.
right here

D
Old 12-12-2007, 02:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I found this site and joined it as an addition to my program of recovery, I knew it would alleviate the "stinking thinking" during my workday. Honestly, it's one of the greatest things I've done in sobriety.

I had no idea that I'd come to love everyone on this site so much. My sober family at my nightly AA meetings is huge, being here makes it even bigger and better!

This place rocks!! :ghug2
Old 12-12-2007, 02:27 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Sober Recovery is Wonderful!!!!

Hi Astro, :bounce

I feel the same way. I have been on other sites but this is the one that truly helps me. I feel like a part of a family here.

I read a lot and reply to what feels good or what I have some experience with...still spend too much time here but newness should wear off soon...I would hope...:ghug

kelsh
Old 12-12-2007, 02:57 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

I love SR too. Just like in real life, there are some things that I avoid. Other times I feel that I can help someone, other times I can check in with a great group of folks and vent bout life, other times I've received valuable advice.

When I came here I was still drinking. I never would've gotten sober without SR.

Love,

Karen
Old 12-12-2007, 03:25 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Aw, shucks! Just when I was getting my second wind, the "negative" thread was closed! Guess I'll just have to feed off some "positive" energy here...thanks, Rowan. Reminds me of an old Bing Crosby song..."You Gotta Accentuate the Positive...Eliminate the Negative...Don't Mess With Mr. In-Between!"
Old 12-12-2007, 03:29 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Lynn,

I love this site.

I love 'Rowan the Greeter' for starting this thread.

The Newbies are such a blessing to all of us.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:37 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

My shrink told me it would help if I were in a support group...I told him I am. It's here!!
Thanks all!!