Strange

Old 12-06-2007, 02:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Strange

Today I am happy. Which is strange. Because it seems like i have spent so much time being the complete opposite.
Last week I gave up. I just don't know how i finally did it. B/c i have been trying for the past 7 years. But I did it. the past week i have been busy worrying about cookie recipies, laundry, and the usual work family home stuff that a majority of us have to deal with. If i have to deal with this addict. then i will remember that it is his problem not mine. I can always leave if i want to. I try to think of all his wonderful attributes. Like how he can't make ginger bread, but always knows how long to cook chicken. How he has never missed any of our daughters important activities. He is always there to lend a hand to someone in need, and never litters. Besides, I know i ain't no perfect peach either. Do know that when i let go and let god. I swear that it wasn't more than two days later that my husband came to me and said he was going to a meeting. I couldn't believe it. For so many years i have been waiting for him to take a step forward... and he finally did. Good for him.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I am a believer in God, (thought I needed to say that first)
I have been reading the book "The Secret". what a revelation it is for me.
it talks about the law of attraction. When we have good and happy thoughts we attract good and happy people or actions. I think its my new tool for life.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad today was a happy day for you. I found that once I "got" the idea that the only person responsible for my happiness was me, I was able to reshape some of my thinking, live in the day and experience a few good days in a row. The harder I work on my recovery, the more days with positive feelings and positve outcomes are strung together.
Rahsue, I also have found a combination of a twelve step program and focusing on the positive has put me in a much better place. And I have seen how it seems to bring more positives into my life. In surrendering I have actual gained power...the power over me. Hugs
Old 12-06-2007, 09:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are finding peace.
I pray the meeting is one of many for the rest of his clean life.
:praying
Old 12-06-2007, 09:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
On a tear

What I have to do is to hang onto that memory of God actively working in my life. Each time I 'notice' something that I believe to be the subtle hand of my Higher Power, I try to mention it to my sponsor or a program friend... to solidify the memory.

Because at some point, it is those EXPERIENCES that help me understand that "this too will pass" - and to BELIEVE it and to know that "the difference between a bad day and a good day - is about two days" and to KNOW it to be true.

In other words - save the bright memories to help lift me out of the dark times.

(((BigHugs))))

may you find many more bright spots.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

you sound good. i hope your husband goes to his meetings & you can work your recovery & keep the peace you have found today.prayers,