Notices

I have my first job interview in over 3 years

Old 12-05-2007, 12:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have my first job interview in over 3 years

Friday I go to court again. I was there last month and they gave me a second chance, but i never went back to see my PO so I blew that.

Im worried, but I im not giving up and i am going on eith life with th expectations that I will still be free.

After court in the morning I have a job interview scheduled for the afternoon.

im really excited, but something one of my counselors said has me feeling a little discouraged.

When I told her I plan to stay at my little pT job and also work FT at nighand on weekends she told me she thinks I might be taking on too much.

I never really thought about it, but now that I am I think maybe she has a point. Im having a hard enough time keeping up with the little that I do now.
what if it is too much? I am so excited that I took this step getting my resume together and applying wherever I can, cause it means there could be some light at the end of this tunnel and I can get the hell out of where I am living.

For those that know my situation I have to ask if anyone has any opinion on this.

I am taking on too much? Am I setting myself up to fail. I am just not sure. all I know is that I want ot move so badly and I know if I do my life would be sooo much better. More peaceful and serene anyway.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I don't know if you'll be taking on too much Beth. Look deep inside yourself and you'll figure that out I hope.

I wanted to wish you good luck with both things though. Thinking positive thoughts for you .
Old 12-05-2007, 05:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Will you have time for recovery i.e. counselling or meetings, Beth? I know how badly you want to get out of your current living situation, and I don't blame you one bit. That would be my only reservation - working so many hours that you didn't have time to take care of your recovery needs.
I'll be thinking of you on Friday. I'm proud of you for going to court and accepting responsibility for not following up with your PO.
Don't be discouraged, Beth, just be cautious.
Thinking of you.

Row
Old 12-05-2007, 06:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Beth,

Before I started drinking, I was doing too much. Whatever needed to be done, I did it. I realized, as I started recovery, that I needed to make some big changes in my life and one of the changes was to slow down. I didn't have to accomplish everything at once and I could take time out for me. That is a huge issue for me. I hope you have enough time for yourself, as well as your work.

I am glad you're moving forward with your recovery!
Old 12-05-2007, 07:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hmmm...full time job, part time job, music...and meetings, counselling, whatever ?
Doesn't leave a lot of time for you, Beth - but like Gyps says...look inside. You'll know the answer.

see you in Waikiki

D