Another day

Old 12-04-2007, 01:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another day

[/B]Different day, same old story. Remember the issue with my college student, AS going through huge (to me) amounts of money? I confronted him and told him there would be no more funds mine or his savings until he presented me with a budget. He went for a month without any money before giving me his budget. I looked at it and told him none of the things he was planning to spend on were expenses I was responsible for but that he could have the money from his savings account. He ran out of money 15 days before he ran out of month, he still has 11 days left.

So today he calls and says he's lost his glasses. (I've bought 4 pair in 5 years) I told him I was sad for him that he would have to spend part of his summer earnings on something as mundane as eyewear. He played his trump card.....well I thought you'd be concerned about me driving to _______ without glasses so I can see well. But Momma had an even bigger trump, "hmmm, you make a good point, perhaps this lesson is going to be more exensive than it looked at first. You better cancel your trip, until you find your glasses." ::sigh:: I am so tired. And sad. ps. his eyesight has actually improved and he does not have a restricted license.[/B]
Old 12-04-2007, 01:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

beautiful example of loving detachment, lack of enabling and all around good recovery!

You rock sista!
Old 12-04-2007, 02:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

I cosign what Pink said..

Hats off to ya mom ...

Passion
Old 12-04-2007, 02:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I SOOOO like your response!

Your recovery is shining!
((((Hugs))))
Cece
Old 12-04-2007, 02:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

My AS lasted one semester in college (in San Francisco.) He had is own bank acct for anything not college related with $ he had earned. I had access to it online. I first suspected he had a drug problem when shortly after arriving at college I noticed he was taking $100-$200 out of ATM every couple of days.
Of course he lied when I quest. him abt. why he needed money and said that the bank records were wrong bec he wasn't taking it out. Yea right!
Needless to say he got kicked out of dorm and earned no credit his one semester in college. Addiction def. robs them of their potential.
I am so disapp. that he has no degree. But I learned to give that expect. up.
Now I am just happy that he is alive.
Good for you EASEFUL that you are not easily fooled.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

>Of course he lied when I quest. him abt. why he needed money and said that the bank records were wrong bec he wasn't taking it out. Yea right!
<

I read here that addicts lie. I don't disagree. But this child has lied since he could talk. So does his grandfather.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

your recovery is shining. you are doing so good. they will use you & take till u have nothing left. prayers,