Need a laugh? OT

Old 10-27-2007, 11:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need a laugh? OT

I thought that I would share my latest drama....I had a peanut butter and kleenex sandwich on Thursday night. For real. I was sitting in front of my computer reading in our forum and I bit into a really hard apple....chewed and swallowed. Suddenly, I realized that the back of my front teeth felt funny. I have (use to have) a bonded retainer (a piece of wire glued to the back of my teeth to keep them straight). It went down the hatch without me knowing. Panicked - I called a dentist. He told me to shred a cotton ball, mix it with peanut butter and eat it in the hope that it would pad the wire. COULD NOT find any cotton and in a pinch decided that a shredded kleenex was the next best thing.

I ATE A KLEENEX AND PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICH! Hello? Apparently, it is quite a deal to have something like this happen. I mentioned it to one of the doc's at work the next morning and I immediately found myself in the ER getting a stat xray and having a gastric surgeon on call. The retainer is in no man's land (can't reach it from above or below). Now I just have to wait it out and go to the ER immediately if my tummy hurts at all.

I have dislocated my tailbone (long story with 4 months of horrid pain which is why I am rarely writing much anymore) and have finally ended up with a physical therapist that is internally mobilizing it back into place. I go in again on Monday. Can you imagine her sticking her finger up there and going "what the hay?".........oh, you must have found my retainer!

I finally get the REAL message.......living with a addict can be a real pain in the arse and "this too shall pass".

Love to all - Donna
Old 10-27-2007, 12:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Old 10-27-2007, 12:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks for the great laugh...i really needed it!
Old 10-27-2007, 12:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

OH HOW FUNNY! And a bit dangerous, so pay close attention and take care of yourself.

this sounds like something I would do.

Hugs

Cats
Old 10-27-2007, 12:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by parentrecovers View Post
that said it all for me folks, wish I hadn't about peed on myself almost didn't make it downstairs...........lol
Old 10-27-2007, 01:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So funny.....to be watched! My husband has caps on his teeth and it has been over twenty years since he got them so now they are breaking off when he eats apples or hard candy. :

He cancelled our dental insurance before this started happening...it did pay fifty % so now it is expensive...he just had one tooth pulled to avoid a big bill.....still costly to get a tooth pulled though.

Hope all goes or comes along well!!!!
Old 10-27-2007, 02:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

ha ha ha !!!! that is funny but it is serious. be careful & if u feel any pain go to the E.R. how in the world did u manage to swoller that??
Old 10-27-2007, 03:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
On a tear

Ok... just WHO is going to clean all this coffee off my monitor and keyboard, eh!!!????

You are so funny! I am sorry for your sad tail...er TALE, and hope, of course, every thing comes out all right IN THE END.... you had me in STITCHES! I was just imagining what that would look like on X-ray... Something new for Youtube!!

Glad you work in a medical facility - they are right, metal objects down the hatch... NOT a good idea!

Best of luck!

(off to find a kleenex.... and a Depends pad... myself!)
Old 10-27-2007, 03:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

OMG....wow! Laughing but worried for you too! I hope "everything comes out all right"
Old 10-27-2007, 05:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Well.. I got to say it.. "let us know how it all comes out!"

(sorry)
Old 10-29-2007, 06:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Just wanted to update - no news but no pain either. Maybe I missed something?????? I go to the therapist today and maybe she'll find something. I cannot help but see ALL of the symbolism here.....I swallowed something that there is no way I shouldn't have noticed, I have to just accept that I have a scary foreign object inside of me, and that this too shall pass. Talk about needing a literal translation from HP!

Thank ya'll for your good thoughts and concern....just wanted to update you and let you know that I'm still waiting for all things to pass.

Just the latest info on this crazy tail (tale). Donna