Notices

Broke my silence...

Old 10-25-2007, 08:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Broke my silence...

Well I finally did it...I admitted to my addictions. I couldn't reach my ex so I decided to write him an email before I backed out of it. Even after I sent the email I contemplated going into his email to delete it but I've held back. I even texted him to check his email when he got home so I couldn't back out of it. Just have to wait and see now...he's probably at work until midnight I guess. I told him everything...I didnt want to do it in an email but like i said, I dont want to back out and keep hiding it. I hope now this will put things into perspective for him as to why I did the things I did. Also emailed AA to find some meetings in my area and will begin to attend them on Monday. I have to admit, even though it's sad, I will be drinking this weekend, at the wedding...if I don't there will be muc speculation and I am not ready to divulge this secret in another city to my sister and her boyfriend.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

hi gracey -

we all start somewhere. welcome! keep posting .... good choice on the meetings.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That was a good decision as far as I'm concerned. You told him. Now you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. It's out. A.A is a great idea. Do the steps, work the steps, and live the steps. Once you have Sobriety, The Truth, and a Higher Power on your side you come to know a new freedom and a new happiness. That's a promise.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you on the honesty. Honesty and meetings will open up new doors and new opportunities. Sobriety brings unexpected gifts. It's worth it.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hey gracey - that was a huge step. glad you were able to do it
Old 10-26-2007, 05:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

this first step is essential to bring you forward into the life you were meant to live. i'm so glad to hear you are accepting change for the better in your life.

Way to go!

about that wedding......who cares what people think about whether or not you drink there? just a thought...maybe you can go for soda. at any rate, be careful and have a good time.