Notices

What a shock

Old 10-21-2007, 07:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What a shock

Here it is:

I've been panic free for months now. I've had anxiety and stress, but I've been able to manage it. My best days are when I have my church work and perform wedding ceremonies. I've mentioned before that it seemed odd that in front of all those people I feel no fear of having a panic attack etc. Well, today I had what I thought was a panic attack. Suddenly, the left side of my face and head felts sore and swollen, same with my tongue, with the taste of blood in my mouth, a feeling of fire across my face. This happened right in the middle of a mock wedding performance. I wasn't sure what to do and looked for my boss with my eyes and couldn't see him. I wanted to end the service but stumbled through it. It was ROUGH!! I was sweating, and the only thing keeping from falling was the podium. I rushed through the last part so fast I'm sure I confused the models and others.

Anyways, the reason I couldn't find my boss was because one of the choir girls (There are 2) had run out of the church and fainted. She had what seemed to have been a panic attack. She was taken to the hospital by ambulance. After the mock groom/bride left the church to the hallway, we are suppose to do a plaque ceremony where I give them a hammer to nail their names to the wall. I didn't want to, but I had no way of getting out of it because I had no idea what was going on.

Anyways, after I told my boss and he was surprised and told me about the choir girl. First thing I thought was "Gas leak"...but nobody else was affected. Then I thought poor air circulation. Another staff of the church had mentioned when he walked into the church his ears went red because of the temperature change.

Anyways, not sure whether it was a panic attack (Since I hadn't had one in months and I'm still on the meds) I thought this was something other than that. I felt less panicy about my symptoms emotionally, but still felt the physical pain just as strong. The doctors said that nothing was wrong, no stroke, although they couldn't perform any major tests because it was Sunday (A holiday for most hospitals and ER's...it's Japan) Anyways, I'm emotionally drained now...my heart hurts because of the panic I went through during and after the fact. I took my meds and feel pretty sleepy.

Any ideas what this could've been?
Old 10-21-2007, 09:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi DaVinci,

Could it have been lack of oxygen or temperature change in the church, since other people were affected?

I´ve had similar symptoms in a plane when many people were affected. I had a headache for some time after that and tightness in the chest. It´s very unconfortable and feels like a panic attack.

Love and light,
Old 10-21-2007, 08:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I really don't know. I didn't feel anything unexpected in on my skin. I was more concentrated on the actual service. If it is a panic attack, and the temperature set it off then I know and can deal with it. If it's something else, then I can't until I find out what it is.

The swelling feeling and the strange taste in my mouth made things worse. If it was dizziness only, and feeling weak, that's something I could've dealt with I think. Anyways, I'm off to the doctors in an hour.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

According to 2 doctors, there's a nerve in my face that got aggravated which caused the swelling feeling. Apparently it can be so bad that people pass out because of the pain. Anyways, not knowing what it was, that sent me into a panic attack which caused my other symptoms, including the tongue problem and the burning skin sensation etc. I had acupuncture done on that nerve and surrounding nerves (To a point where I almost had another panic attack...) but right after the session, my face felt so relaxed and nice. So, I guess that's it. At least now I know and can deal with it if it happens again.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Davinci,

I´m glad to hear that you know what´s wrong. Now you can deal with it.

It was a good idea to go to the doctor.

Love and light,