Notices

Did/bpd

Old 10-18-2007, 11:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Did/bpd

PTSD/BPD/Depression/Suicide tenadanices/Self Harmer/Panic Attacks/Drug User/Alochol dependent/Dissosicates/DID

Above are just some of the labels that have been planted on me, however do those labels actually mean anything or help someone with mental health problems? - NO

The first time I was drunk was when I was 7 or 8, twice before I was 10..I started drinking at weekends when I was 12, I started using drugs when I was 12 by the time I was 15 I was using daily, and was drinking to get drunk.

I was sexually abused from the age of 3 - 15 and raped when I was 18 and 26 I am now 28 and only just starting to deal with the emotional scars that have been left.

From the age of about 17 I was drinking everynite for 11 years it continued doesn't seem long...but I started drinking to block the emotional feelings I was having, the confusion I was feeling. I was taking drugs to keep me awake and sober me up so I could drink more.

On the 30th January 2006, my world collapsed and I ended up in hospital.

In March 2006 I start psychotherapy and I still see her now. I am currently waiting to see a psychologist as well.

In the last 18 months, I have started to understand what happens to me, I'm trying to deal with past, but still remain in the present.

I do have inners that sometimes come out and am being tested for DID.

The reason for my post, is I haven't yet received confirmation that I have DID or not, and the sites I have found, the usergroups as such only allow for people who have confirmation they have DID, which I can understand completely.

Is there anyone else here who has either DID or BPD that I could speak to : I haven't said what happens to me which has lead to them testing me as I don't want people to start running from me, it scares me as much as it does the next person.

anyway enough from me
Old 10-18-2007, 04:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
believer

I've seen you come a long way...I am so happy that you shared... you have had a really hard life LC and you're still here..there's got to be a purpose for you...! i am confident that we can turn our scars into strengths somehow, someday and simply become all that we can be..and you will my friend...yes..!

love ya, Karim
Old 10-18-2007, 11:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

DID? - Defiant Identity Disorder (or something i can't remember)

BPD - are you referring to borderline personality disorder or bipolar disorder? I'm guessing borderline? If so there are others here. Do a search for borderline or BPD in this forum and you will find other people who have shared. Same with the defiant disorder if that's what DID is.

hugs,
jenna
Old 10-19-2007, 01:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for your replies.

DID is Dissociative Identity Disorder (previously called MPD, Mulitple Personality Disorder)

Yeah Sorry I was referring to Borderline Personality Disorder, I will do as suggested. Thank you.

Aw bless ya Karim, yes I hope the scars to do turn to strengths...I know you can do it also.

Thinking of you both

xxxxx Jody xxx
Old 10-19-2007, 10:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Indigo

Hi, Jody,
As you can probably tell by our username...I'm a multiple. Also: recovering alcoholic and recovering self-injurer (to name a few). If you want someone to talk to feel free to contact us. I'm not shy: we've been at this for a pretty long time now.

Things seem like they are pretty confusing for you right now. Hang in there.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thiskidknows,

Hi, I remember you well. You are sounding so much better. Hugs to you!
I don't like being confined to my labels either.

live