Well Grounded

Old 10-11-2007, 03:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Well Grounded

It can often be useful and interesting to wander away from your original path for a while. Sometimes you discover a new and much more fulfilling direction that way.

Yet if all you ever do is wander off, you won't be able to get anywhere. When you give in to every distraction, nothing will ever get accomplished.

Be curious, be open to new experiences, be willing to do things you've never done, to go new places and to meet new people. Remember, though, to also give your life a solid, steady context through which you can create real value out of all the diverse experiences that come your way.

A stable foundation in your life does not necessarily have to limit you. In fact, it can enable you to make the most of the new and interesting opportunities that come your way.

Being well grounded provides a strong base from which you can operate with effectiveness and confidence. Taking good care of the mundane and boring aspects of life gives you the time, energy and resources to fully explore the most exciting possibilities.

Be sure to mix your progressive, adventurous vision with a good dose of old fashioned common sense. It's a proven recipe for outstanding success.

-- Ralph Marston

Copyright ©2007 Ralph S. Marston, Jr.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Very wise.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

For me, it's about balance. I love to explore new ideas, new places and new ways of keeping my recovery fresh.

It's like when I travel, I love to learn about new places and their history and feel the excitement of discovery, but I also like the feeling when I return home to what is familiar and safe for me. It's all about balance and keeping my life interesting while keeping myself grounded in a home base.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

As ever truly insping Ann, thank you.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ann,

Thank you for the reminder. I do like to go fishing & camping, as well as travel, but I am ever grateful for my home & bed. Our oldest daughter & husband just got back from a trip to Germany. She is a lawyer and chose not to have children. She loves her work and makes time for exploring this world with her husband.

Sometimes I do get bored and restless at home....mostly because we are limited these days due to my husband's health. That is why I am involved in a lot of different forums and groups on the Internet.

kelsh
Old 10-11-2007, 11:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Balance was the word that came to mind for me when I read it Ann.

Its a fundamental Buddhist 'thingy'.