Notices

A new Chantix page!

Old 10-05-2007, 02:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A new Chantix page!

good morning fellow Chantixers.....I guess it's really catching on! i have been taking chantix for about 6 weeks now..been smoke free for 5 weeks.My doc said it would be ok to stay on chantix for up to 6 months,if necessary...I think i will do the 12 weeks,and that's it...I wonder what will happen when we stop taking it? any withdrawal or anything....guess i will have to wait and see.
I do feel alot better,i can take a good breath of air now..and my BP has already gone down 20 points.I haven't gained any weight either,which is a first...every time i quit in the past,i'd gain weight....I don't drink as much coffee now either.I have a few cups in the AM,and that's it for the day.I treated myself to a car wash the other day....my car was full of ashes.....and my windows were so cloudy and sticky from the smoke....
My car looks(and smells) brand new now,and i can see out of the windows again!
So,gang.....great jobs! let's enjoy the freedom of getting one monkey off our backs today.....it's great to have this place.....SR has been so good for me.KT
Old 10-05-2007, 03:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

I'm seeing the coffee thing, myself karrot ... I'm not drinking it either.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Thanks for the thread. I am happy to see support here for chantix.
Especially so many. I know there are alot of people out there on it.

My doctor wants me to stay on it for a year, and possibly longer. He says that
some people are going back to smoking as they go off the chantix to early.
Every person is totally different,, and has smoked for different lengths of time,
and I believe that that between that and the difference, this could play a part on how well a person does, maybe.. I don't know for sure,, I guess, I have never even tried to quit before, ( a fact I am not proud of).. I just know what the doctor told me. I will see what happens. Maybe I will stay on, maybe not?

I guess for now I need to try to stay in today, because I start to worry about the future to much,. I have had this prescription sitting at my house since 3/30/07,,
and part of the reason that I didn't start it, was because I had heard a couple
bad things about it, like it can cause anxiety, and since I already suffer from anxiety disorder, I thought it might not be a good idea,,, then I heard that it is hard to come off,, that really scared me.. But since, I have heard of many people that have come off the med. and have had no trouble at all,, so I decided that it was time to try it. I HATE smoking, I HATE that I can't breathe,, and I HATE that I STINK.. I want to smell good again.. Isn't that a nice thought..? My husband smokes, and I pray he will start the Chantix, if it works for me, or I mean WHEN he sees it work for me.

Well thanks for the thread. I am grateful to have a place to talk about this stuff with people that understand..

Prayers,
Becky
Old 10-05-2007, 02:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Angel...I'm feeling no anxiety at all from Chantix! As a matter of fact, if anything, it's calming me down as I ween off the cigs. Don't worry...go for it and try. I think you will be surprized at how you start to not think about smoking. And little by little, you will cut down and eventually head for none at all. I am almost there..
Old 10-05-2007, 05:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Super, another thread to talk about Chantix and being smoke free. This is day 12 smoke free!! I am soooooo very happy. My wife is working on day 3 smoke free. I am just as happy about that.

My wife is currently in a job 400 miles away, and she does not come home too often, but she came home last weekend. When she was home last weekend, she bought herself a new car. When she went back to her job, she took my car because she did not want to smoke in her new one. My car is my baby, a really nice '06 Avalon that I absolutely love. Well my wife comes home tonight and tells me in a nervous voice that something is different about my car. Thinking the worse, we walk over to the car and she opens the door and it is spotless! She had it detailed for my birthday. You can not tell I smoked in it for a year and half.

Back to the Chantix. I see my doctor for a follow up on the 10th. I told her my quit date was going to be the 6th. But if I had waited that long I would have needed to buy more cartons of butts. So I decided to take the bull by the horns and start 2 weeks early. And it is working. The cravings are decreasing, food is tasting better, I have had not oral fixation issues to speak of, which is strange as I smoked for 40 years. I even missed a dose Wednesday evening. I did not realize it until the next morning. But it was OK. I laughed, took my morning dose and had breakfast.