Service work

Old 09-28-2007, 07:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Service work

This afternoon from 12 - 2 I'll be providing Al-Anon information at a Panel Discussion that will be held at a Women's Shelter for women recently released from jail.

The purpose of this "seminar" is to provide Public information, pamphlets, meeting lists, etc to Physicians, Clergy and other Agencies so that they may refer people to programs such as AA, NA & Al-Anon.

Strange that I never really imagined that I would be doing this type of thing when I started the program 4 yrs ago - but I keep hearing the best way to keep your recovery is to give it away.

By participating in Service work, maybe helping some of your loved ones have access to the information that they need - maybe one day you will be the one that will be able to help mine when they need help.

For me, Service work is a way that I can help my family - by doing my part to ensure that the program continues so that when it is their time, their chair will be waiting for them - just as my chair was waiting for me.

Wishing each of you Serenity & Joy,
Rita
Old 09-28-2007, 07:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I love being of service. Every last Saturday of the month if I'm in town I sit on a panel at a recovery center. The attendees are the current in-patients and their families. There is a lot of love and hope in that room.

Thanks for sharing.