Notices

Day 5 of Sobriety

Old 09-25-2007, 11:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kane the Man

Unhappy Day 5 of Sobriety

Well it's been 5 days. 5 days since I was last high or drunk. I can't go a day and honestly remember when I wasn't high or drunk or both. I was arrested this past Friday night, I was put in Jail for 4 days till I was bailed out, those first 4 days were the worst days of my life. I had finally hit bottom. I finally reached hell. I was cut from everything, pot, coke and alcohol. I had a 3 way addiction problem which was slowly leading me down a corrupt path of crime, organized crime, and leading to my own demise. I've been smoking pot since I was 11, I'm 21 now, well will be in a couple days and since I was 11 I can't think of a day that went by that I didn't get high or drunk. I started with pot and as time went by I found myself experimenting with other drugs. I started with Acid, not my cup of tea so I quit that, then I found coke, coke was a horrible thing that I ever got into, made me turn on everyone I loved and cared about, sent me spiraling down to a doom like no other. I have never been put into a situation in my life were I didn't have an answer for. It's sad that it took this long for me to realize my drug addiction problem, I always told myself I would never depend on drugs well I was wrong. For the first time in life I couldn't feel better, yea the urges are there but I just keep telling myself no, I have to do it, for not only me but for everyone. MY family turned on me a couple years ago and they just recently came back into my life to try to help me. I am currently staying with my mom again in hopes she can help me through this sobriety. I would like to stay sober for good but I just don't know if I have the power, the mentality to do so. I want to be sober so badly, I want to be able to be motivated, I want to not be tired all the time. I have caught quite a bit a trouble the past week and a half, with 3 felonies on my head right now I dunno what to do. I was thinkign about checking into a clinic or NA meetings, but I figured I'd give this a shot first. Does anyone have any tips for staying sober for an extended period of time? I'm doing what I do now but every day that goes by I struggle more and more. I try not to think about it, I try to push the urges away. I try to keep busy as much as possible weither working out or using the computer. I just need some guidence in the right direction. Can anyone help me?
Old 09-25-2007, 11:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome, and I was where you are and the only way I got off of alcohol and xanax was going to a detox hospital , I had been drinking for 24 yrs and taking xanax for 5 yrs. I have had 3 DWI's, 2 public intoxication and also charged with contributing to a minor. I also was having problems w/family. I have been sober for 2 months and even now I still have thoughts of drinking and taking xanax and I have to remind myself of how hard it was to get off of alcohol and xanax.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Kane, since almost your whole life has been spent in some sort of daze I think you'll need AA to help you. I don't know what your situation is, but if at all possible it sounds like you would definitely benefit from rehab. It's hard to just rely on your own willpower, even though it sounds like you have the resolve and intelligence to know you're in great danger. Remember, you haven't grown emotionally the way you would have without the junk in your system, you need to find out who you are. This is a wonderful place that has helped save my life after decades of drinking. I know you feel like getting numb when you think of your legal issues, but then you'll just have more problems on top of what you already have - you need to stay clear headed to dig yourself out of this, and it can be done! You can turn this mess around and have a wonderful life. Love & caring go out to you!!
Old 09-25-2007, 02:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kane the Man

thank you to everyone for your advice, it's much appreciated, it is hard it really is, I have looked into a couple of rehabs, I go to court tomorrow for one of my charges I got while not sober so hopefully all goes well tomorrow, I'd really hate to end up back in jail after all the effort I am putting into my situation. I just obtained 2 jobs in one day to keep myself busy and occupied so hopefully things will get better from here.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep posting!
Old 09-25-2007, 02:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi there Simply how's it going?
Old 09-25-2007, 03:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

today is only day 1 for me, so no advice here. Just wanted to say congratulations on your sober 5 days.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
simplysober

way to go on 5 days!!!!! each day is exciting, atleast it was for me, i reached a month sober today and i feel SO much better! I can honestly say I only tackled putting down the drink, i didnt have as much on my plate as you- hang in there! there are alot of great people on this site and read the posts to help you get thru-

five days is awesome!
hugs
maria
Old 09-25-2007, 04:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

NA meetings are what I suggest.

Welcome to SR!
Old 09-25-2007, 04:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Kane the Man

thanks for all the congrats and encouragement everyone I really appreciate it. I took the next step towards recovery and eliminated the last of the bad influences of people I had in my life, cut out the bad people who still use and abuse, and it's the next step for me. I'm hoping it was a good step for me too, I'm trying to slowly but surly eliminate all traces of drug activity and alcohol abuse in my life.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kane86 View Post
I took the next step towards recovery and eliminated the last of the bad influences of people I had in my life, cut out the bad people who still use and abuse, and it's the next step for me. I'm hoping it was a good step for me too, I'm trying to slowly but surly eliminate all traces of drug activity and alcohol abuse in my life.
Good for you, Kane! Get as much outside support as you can to help you stay sober. I admire your spirit. Sending encouraging thoughts your way.

R