Notices

Why Are WE HERE?

Old 09-25-2007, 04:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Thumbs up Why Are WE HERE?

Before coming to the Fellowship of N.A., we could not manage our own lives. We could not live and enjoy life as other people do. We had to have something different and we thought we had found it in drugs. We placed their use ahead of the welfare of our families, our wives, husbands, and our children. We had to have drugs at all costs. We did many people great harm, but most of all we harmed ourselves. Through our inability to accept personal responsibilities we were actually creating our own problem. We seemed to be incapable of facing life on its own terms.

Most of us realized that in our addiction we were slowly committing suicide, but addiction is such a cunning enemy of life that we had lost the power to do anything about it. Most of us ended up in jail, or sought help through medicine, religion and psychiatry. None of these methods was sufficient for us. Our disease always resurfaced or continued to progress until in desperation, we sought help from each other in Narcotics Anonymous.

After coming to N.A. we realized we were sick people. We suffered from a disease from which there is no known cure. It can, however, be arrested at some point, and recovery is then possible.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

After coming to N.A. we realized we were sick people. We suffered from a disease from which there is no known cure. It can, however, be arrested at some point, and recovery is then possible.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Our disease always resurfaced or continued to progress until in desperation, we sought help from each other in Narcotics Anonymous.
This part really sticks out to me!~ I was so tired and desperate 16 months ago today that I really had no other way to turn. I am grateful that I quit
Old 09-25-2007, 08:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Keeper of the Stars

Smile

ACCEPTANCE.............

I was an addict yesterday, I am an addict today, and I'm positive I'll be an addict tomorrow.

No known cure...........but arresting the disease in recovery is possible!
(I love something else being ARRESTED besides me!!)

Thanks for the great post, Vic!
Old 09-25-2007, 08:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Obsessed Pug Momma

So glad to see you doing well now, Chance
Old 09-25-2007, 11:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

dose it seem like i'm still Incapiable of facing life still ?? lol

Incapiable is a very, very powerful word becuase that puts in the realm
of "I can't"

Kind of like an active addict is incapiable of love. and it's something
of a heartbreak for family members or a codi to accept

"seem" gives me hope.

here's another key phrase that hits home for me.lol
"until in DESPERATIONS, WE sought help FROM EACH OTHER in NA."
Old 09-26-2007, 02:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Before coming to the Fellowship of N.A., we could not manage our own lives. We could not live and enjoy life as other people do. We had to have something different and we thought we had found it in drugs. We placed their use ahead of the welfare of our families, our wives, husbands, and our children. We had to have drugs at all costs. We did many people great harm, but most of all we harmed ourselves. Through our inability to accept personal responsibilities we were actually creating our own problem. We seemed to be incapable of facing life on its own terms.

Most of us realized that in our addiction we were slowly committing suicide, but addiction is such a cunning enemy of life that we had lost the power to do anything about it. Most of us ended up in jail, or sought help through medicine, religion and psychiatry. None of these methods was sufficient for us. Our disease always resurfaced or continued to progress until in desperation, we sought help from each other in Narcotics Anonymous.

That is so powerful. It really hit home for me. I have to accept that because of the road I decided to take I've aquired a disease for life. Thank you for a wonderfull post.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Not the center of the Universe

We had to have something different and we thought we had found it in drugs.
One of my favorite parts because I think it explains why "just stopping using" is not enough. We stop the drugs and there is a void - we still have to have something different to fill it. Drugs just are not the "it".
Old 09-26-2007, 03:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

......until in desperation, we sought help from each other in Narcotics Anonymous.
Through desperation the recovery Proccess is born.

After coming to N.A. we realized we were sick people.
If you are still sick its your responsability to do something about it!!!

Through our inability to accept personal responsibilities we were actually creating our own problem. We seemed to be incapable of facing life on its own terms.
Inability means lack of resources,, Everything we learn in this Program is a resource.
PLUG IN!!

Peace,
Todd J
Old 09-26-2007, 04:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

PLUG IN!!

I love it when i plug into a marshall stack. 200 watts of high power gain sends
chills down my spine becuase sometimes you just gatta feel the notes.
it also gives me more sustains. If you stand in an appropriate location
and hold it just right..it gives me narly feedbacks.lol

Plus being plug in like that..i don't have to stum as hard or choke
the crap out of the fret board. i can gracfully tap the notes without
picking it. The music just flows.lol
Old 09-26-2007, 04:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

So many times in my life I always plugged in but really didn't plug into the core of recovery. I am really hoping that this time I have. I believe that finally Vic got honest with himself which than allowed me to be honest to the best of my abilities in a lot of my affairs.

Grateful for a program that keeps me plugged in.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A Dopeless Hope Fiend

I am still sick, in my head , but I know better today then to act on the sick thoughts that do pop up in my addicted brain, thanks to my higher power, the fellowship of NA, and the guidance of all 3 of the sponsers I have been blessed to have in my recovery, I have 1094 days clean/sober, tomorrow I get my 3 years, but really all I get is 1 more day to use the tools shown to me by others to help me stay clean that day, and continue to try to recover from the damage I have done the other 28 years before that.... that is why I am here... to be around those of a likemind who are also trying to be clean today and live a better quailty of life.. Dean