Nar-anon meeting

Old 09-15-2007, 10:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nar-anon meeting

Today I attended a Nar-anon meeting. It was a speaker meeting and round table sharing. What a wonderful group to meet and listen to their experiences.
I'm so grateful this program exists!! I had been going to Alanon as I had a relationship with an A, but I no longer am with him. My sister has relapsed, so it was very comforting to hear from the recovering addict speaker there is still hope!

I hope to bring my mom next week so she can gain support from other parents.

Just wanted to share a great experience and when someone is ready to help themselves, you definitely won't be alone!!
Old 09-16-2007, 12:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

I wanted to try Nar-anon but there isn't a grp near me. I will stick with al-anon.
Ea. mtg that I'v gone to I always come away glad that I went. Working the 12 steps as part of this prog. has been a blessing.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm glad you hit a meeting and that it was a good one. The fellowships of Naranon, Alanon and CoDA are very similar, and just finding whichever group is in your area is a good start.

Keep coming back, they say, and that's because it just gets better and better.

Hugs
Old 09-16-2007, 08:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I started out going to Al-anon and have a wonderful home group. They have also set me up on a step study. It's a wonderful place to go and no matter what I always feel better when I leave. I didn't know about Nar-anon (I think that's how it's worded) untill I found SR. By the way thanks everyone for all the info.

Tuesday is going to be my first meeting at Nar-anon, I'm excited! They only have the one here where I am.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Great, great, great!

I'm telling you, I'll never stop going to my meetings if I have any say so in it. They have helped me that much. I don't want to ever go back to my old way of living. The lessons I've learned in Al Anon are life lessons that I wish I had known 30 years ago!

So glad you found a good meeting. Just keep going back!

Hugs,
Hangin' In