Notices

Here we go again

Old 09-13-2007, 02:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Here we go again

I'm 28 years old and I just got seperrated from my fiance. ( second time ) and we work for the same company. I have been in and out ( mostly out ) of the program for 5 years and can never seem to make it past the 30 day mark. We split up a week ago and she says maybe we could reconcile if I get some sobriety. My problem is that I work second shift and can't seem to find a lot of meetings in the area. I told her that I was considering taking that antabuse drug, but I know nothing about it.
Maybe my excuses are morth about a dime a piece but. I don't like to work as hard as I have to have zero results. Can someone please let me know if you have any idea what this drug is?
Old 09-13-2007, 02:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

Well, it is not allowed to solicit or give medical advice here.

So, firstly, I would suggest you talk to your doctor and see what they can do. There are some new drugs to help with cravings.

From what I have read, antibuse makes you very very sick if you drink.

I wish you well and I'm glad you found us.

Welcome to SR.

I can understand that 2nd shift would make it hard to get to meetings. I am curious to ask if you have a sponsor.

Hang in there,

Ted
Old 09-13-2007, 02:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I do have a sponsor. The guy is great too. I left him wondering about me on more than several occasions and he still wants to be there for me. Go figure. I left my doctor a message about maybe getting me started on the drug. I think maybe if I think I might get sick then maybe it'll scare me into recovery. I know it's not the best way but it's something different and anything is better than where I'm headed.

Thanks for the reply. I just love this website
Old 09-13-2007, 03:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I made the change and embraced the AA program when I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. You'll find what works for you. Welcome, rloomer, glad you've joined us.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

that drug isn't any joke, I thought it was me still drinking that was causing my stomache pains it wasn't crap once that drug hit my system...........even if you use listerine you get sick.............. I am happier than I have ever been going to my meetings.........hurling I can do without BUT DONT TAKE AWAY MY HUGS!!!! Keep on posting on!
Old 09-13-2007, 03:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by WLDKATZ View Post
I am happier than I have ever been going to my meetings........

Now that's what I like to hear! My meetings are the best part of every day!
Old 09-13-2007, 03:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

Yep Astro, me too!
Old 09-13-2007, 05:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi and Welcome!

I have no idea what hours you work...
but I went to meetings at 7 a.m.
for years.
Check for noon meetings
and 5 p.m. too.

And there are many on weekends.

Glad to see you with us...
Old 09-13-2007, 06:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am looking into meetings in downtown. I found one that's on my way to work I think I'm going to check it out tomorrow. Saturday I have a meeting at a church I used to go to. With all the guys there I think they have about 400 years sober between them. Maybe like 2 dozen guys. Great guys but it's so hard to keep going back and facing them. I feel like a failure when I do that. I suppose I just have to swallow my pride and do it. especially if I want my honey back. I'll post tomorrow and let everyone know what happens
Old 09-13-2007, 06:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Smile

It sounds like that group would be just the thing for you - and I'm sure most of those guys have had "false starts" like you have, it's all part of getting better. You are young enough that your life doesn't have to turn into a horror movie like mine did - at 28 I was still having fun with my drinking, but as the years went by it distorted my personality and ruined everything good I had built up. I am only about 4 weeks into this latest attempt, and this site gets all the credit for seeing me through. Sending hope and concern your way - please do let us know how you make out. I love that on here we can be honest with each other and no one will be judgmental.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome to our recovery family, rloomer, you're in the right place.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

HI and welcome to SR
Old 09-13-2007, 06:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rloomer View Post
I am looking into meetings in downtown. I found one that's on my way to work I think I'm going to check it out tomorrow. Saturday I have a meeting at a church I used to go to. With all the guys there I think they have about 400 years sober between them. Maybe like 2 dozen guys. Great guys but it's so hard to keep going back and facing them. I feel like a failure when I do that. I suppose I just have to swallow my pride and do it. especially if I want my honey back. I'll post tomorrow and let everyone know what happens
Want not to embarass yourself? Go in naked and vunrable and let them see YOU ARE DOING IT FOR YOU AND NOT YOUR HONEY!!!!!! They will appreciate that more than ever, that and the fact you came back!
Old 09-14-2007, 05:59 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
let it grow!

nice to meet you, rloomer! keep posting! k