Notices

3 months for mrs. Murph!

Old 09-11-2007, 01:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 months for mrs. Murph!

Three months, 10 hours, 40 minutes and 51 seconds. 3697 cigarettes not smoked, saving $416.00. Life saved: 1 week, 5 days, 20 hours, 5 minutes.

Now if I could only get this pesky alcohol thing under control. :uzi2:

But if I could kick the sickorettes I can do anything I figure!
Old 09-14-2007, 01:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hi mrs murph.....I too am battling two demons at once....alchohol/cigarettes...been sober this time for two weeks....have been 9 days without a smoke. trying to quit smoking has made not drinking alittle easier...doing one without the other is no fun...Had a chuckle over your tiramisu story...sometimes..if you buy the cake at a bakery or grocery store,there is no real alchohol in it..just artificial flavoring....so relax.KT
Old 09-14-2007, 01:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Power to you karrot! I can't imagine doing both at the same time! Are you using chantix?
Old 09-15-2007, 04:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
To Life!

L'Chaim!
To Life!
Congratulations to the both of you!!!

My smoke cessation counselor said that quitting both at the same time increased the success rate of quitting both. I know many people are fearful of doing that. But, if we look at it as a behavior to change, it really makes sense, and he was clearly a behavioralist.

It has now been One year, nine months, two weeks, three days, 13 hours, 24 minutes and 46 seconds that I've been free from nicotine..That makes 26222 cigarettes not smoked, saving $7,210.68. Life saved: 13 weeks, 1 hour, 10 minutes.

Do something different. Each and every time. And please feel free to hoin on the daoily check in thread.
Remember, keep the quit and post before you puff!

Shalom!
Old 09-19-2007, 04:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Grateful recovering alcoholic

mrsmurph...great going on the smoke free!! Keep on working on the alcohol too. I am a recovering alcoholic and have been stopped for 16 1/2 years, thankfully. I have been smoke free for almost 1 1/2 years...actually, tomorrow will be 1 1/2 years smoke free!!!

Make sure you have plenty of supports for both. I go to AA so that's my alcohol support and there are a lot of us who have quit smoking (now) that I use for support for my not smoking today. I'm so grateful to have these addictions dormant for now...just remember craving for any substance is likely to flare up....knowing this gives YOU the power to fight. Take it just one day at a time, one craving at a time, even if that means breaking it down to one hour, one minute or one second!!!!

Blessings,
Jen