For those we lost on 9/11

Old 09-11-2007, 12:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

For those we lost on 9/11

Off topic but thought we could all take a moment and remember those we lost on 9/11. I lost a very very dear friend of mine .

This day is so difficult for all of us....

Here is a commercial Budweiser produced after 9/11. They aired it only once so as not to benefit financially from it -- they just wanted to acknowledge the tragic event. This is so consistent with a company who always does things with a ton of class!! Can you imagine what the cost was considering...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=966_1187636093
Old 09-11-2007, 12:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

thanks for posting that link, rella. the commercial was very well done.

and thanks for acknowledging this day's events and the lives that were lost.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Thank you Rella, so sorry for your loss on that terrible day. I'm from Boston and remember all too well trying to figure out where friends and family were during that horrific time. Thank you.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you so much, Rella

Our union lost 34 members in NYC that day. Two people on our staff (D.C. headquarters) lost family members. The Bud spot made me cry, which is NOT easy to do. What a beautiful and moving tribute to all those who lost their lives and gave their lives to save others.

I heard the explosion and saw the huge ball of flame and smoke when the plane hit the Pentagon. I'll never forget what I said, who was standing next to me, or what I felt after the silence of that initial explosion; people swarming out of buildings all along the Mall. It reminded me of ants swarming over an anthill. I couldn't hear anything other than sirens in the distance.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
let it grow!

prayers out to all the 9/11 friends and families..
Old 09-11-2007, 02:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Keepingmyjoy

That was so moving....brings tears to my eyes. My prayers to all who have lost and hurt from this tragedy and all others. (((((())))))
Old 09-11-2007, 02:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

We flew out of Boston that day,,,7 am shuttle,,a Sales Manager and I

We were in a taxi heading into Manhattan when the first plane hit. We could see it from the tri borough bridge. We had no clue what was going on. The world stopped on that bridge and I was suspended in time. Minutes seemed like hours, till I was shaken awake by our cab driver, MOHAMMED, tellig us to "get out of the cab!!!" Yikes, are you NUTS?!?! We begged him to take us back to the airport, and by the grace of the spirits he was able to turn around and head out the way we came. He looked in his rearview mirror and cried out. We turned around to see the second plane hit.

Our cell phones didn't work.

When we were driving back to the airport, we heard about the collapse of the first tower. I started to cry. All I could think was ALL the people in and around that building. And how close we came to being among them. Our business took us to the first tower. Mohammed was comforting me, and telling us he would get us home. Then we heard the airport was closed.

Mohammed DROVE us 700 miles to Sturbridge MA. We became the BEST of friends as we listened to our world as we knew it, crumbling. ALL of us american citizens, mourning what was happening in our country.

When we got to conneticut, our phones began to work. We were inundated with calls from the office. Each message more and more depserate. PLEASE call us back, PLEASE tell us you were not on one of those planes. My youngest daughters voice, filled with anguish and panic. Fearing she has lost yet another parent.

When I called her, she did not speak. All I could hear on the other end, was her trying to catch her breath.

Over 2000 lives lost, I am humbled that mine was saved,,,

That day changed my life as I began to realize all we are given is today. It is up to US to live it to its fullest,,

Thanks Rella, and all my love to you,,,

Peace
Old 09-11-2007, 02:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I've just watched a programme here in the UK - and cried all the way through it. It was about the rescue operations weeks and even months after - someone even finding a brother the following March. The world changed that day.

Thoughts to all who lost loved ones and everyone else who has touched
Old 09-11-2007, 02:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

RIP all those who lost their lives.

God bless those who worked so tirelessly to save those they could.

Living in Arlington and regularly passing the Pentagon, that day never totally leaves my mind. I know people who died there. I know many fine members of Arlington Police and Fire Departments who were there in minutes and stayed for days.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

That gave me the chills.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Every one of us was so deeply impacted by this day 6 years ago.
I have a photo of myself standing next to the WT2 entrance.
I will never forget.

The video is astonishing. I missed this one. Thanks for the link.