Notices

im a pisshead?!

Old 07-22-2007, 08:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

im a pisshead?!

im a 20yr old ish guy... i drink to much beer. i can give it up for...hmm like a few days and i dont get any side affects but i always go back to it! in the past ive been a total idiot when ive been drunk but now i know how to 'control' it....so i dont seem so stupid!?! does that make sense?....

i dont drink in the mornings...i dont **** people off ...i dont errm ...

Im a pisshead and i know it. It worries me a bit. any advice?
Old 07-22-2007, 08:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

I could drink for weeks and go weeks without but I can't control it once I have a couple in me. What I found that works...don't pick up that first one and I don't need worry about the second one. Not drinking is the only way I can control it.
I figured that out when I was 20ish with the help of a friend that happen to be in AA.
AA meetings are a great place to find info on how to get a handle on the drinking.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Stop being a "pisshead" Be of service to others. GROW UP.
WELCOME, miracle answers, only the obvious. Get your drinking under control because it sounds like it is controlling you.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

not picking one up in the first place! i definatly agree with you... but i only socialize when im out....and if i dont have a drink i feel like a saw thumb.... ..so much i stay at home somtimes.. and even then i decided to get myself a drink! argh...(get a new group of friends) NO WAY! they have helped me thru my depression i will never forget them and leave them! but they go out and socialize at the boozer. tough somtimes.

thanks for that wonderful advice spiritual!
Old 07-22-2007, 09:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My drinking buddies were not my friends.
I found that out when I stopped drinking. Of 5 people, one stayed by my side. Of the 5 people, 3 tried to preasure me into drinking...misery loves company.
Of the 5, the one that stayed by my side was a true friend. We did all kinds of things together, fishing, hunting, play cards, best man at his wedding, have cook outs at each other's houses. The list of things we did together and me not drinking was endless. If he wanted a beer, he would have one and was ok with me saying no.
A true friend. I could call him at any hour...Hey buddy my car broke down.... and he would show up and help.
Drinking buddies and true friends are not the same. Try stopping and hang out with them and you will find who is the true friend and who isn't.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

the two mates i have.. are from school... weve known each other a long time! and we are real good friends. one has got his own family now and the other is like me bit off a **** head. the other people i go out with are my sis and her friends, alcohol just seemed to get me more than them. Anyway... ive read a few posts about AA bit dubious about that,,, altho ive thought about it before! could anyone tell me a bit about it?

I dont get any side affect from alcohol apart from hang overs... altho...(i thought u only got shakey when you havnt got beer) i get the shakes when ive just had a beer?!?

Thanks for your replies btw best
Old 07-22-2007, 09:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Alcohol can affect people differently.
Some..maybe all...if they drink enough every day and for a long time could become dependant on the alcohol. The body gets use to it being there and you take it away, you get the shakes or more.
I didn't reach that point before stopping. My problem was...have one and I would want 100. What started out as Friday nights only soon turned into as many days a week as I had money enough to drink. Cash my check and start...stop when the money ran out.
My paycheck controled how much I would drink. We even left a bar a time or two 2 hours before work started the next day...then passing out from lack of sleep was a control for a night.
Only way I found I could control how much I would drink was to not pick up that first beer.

As for AA... You are asking me questions and I am giving you answers from my own personal experiences. AA meetings are the same deal. A group of people looking for answers or giving answers to those who are looking.
Who better to ask then those of us that have been there and done that and found a way out.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I think i will visit this site alot! im a first time user, signed up about 1 hr ago :P...lets just hope i can remember the sign in name and pass.

and in recovery should i be posting here?
Old 07-22-2007, 10:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You can post here and you may find that the alcoholism or 12 step support areas are good as well. May want to look at the posts that say sticky beside them that are located at the top of each of the forums above the blue line. Lots of good info in them.

Glad to have you aboard. Nice age to be looking for answers as well. Sooner is always better then later.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
let it grow!

post away, bb - and welcome. i'm the mom of an alcoholic - my daughter is young like you - just turned 23. she's been in recovery (with a few slips) since last september. recovery is possible, k