Bruises and lies

Old 07-11-2007, 06:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bruises and lies

How do I deal with this? My AW constantly falls while drunk. She stays bruised and I am afraid she may say that I am abusive towards her. I have never man-handled her except taking her to the hospital because I was afraid she was so drunk she was going to die.
I have a meeting scheduled with an attorney this week and I hope to learn what lies ahead legally. I have threatened her with divorce before and I moved out for a year. It is just as bad as ever and I guess we are headed for a split.
She refuses help, has quit her counseling sessions, and is drunk again tonight. We just got a sales contract on our house so now seems to be the right time to finally make the move. Thoughts please...
Old 07-11-2007, 06:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

if you can prove she's an alcoholic, i doubt anyone would have a hard time believing that she falls and hurts herself when drunk... it's pretty common. i would save store receipts or other info that could prove how often she purchases alcohol... and the hospital should have a record of your visit.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

Oh ....oh ....pick me!

Ok, I’ve been there, makes for a nice life does it not?

Well there are pretty much 3 options here that everyone can chose from.

1. You can ignore everything at home, keep busy and let her drink herself to death.
2. You can do nothing, sit in your pain and complain on how bad it is.
3. Or you can get out from under this pile of drama, lick your wounds and make a life for yourself.

You see there is nothing really you can do for her, she needs to.

What you can do is save yourself.
Get to Alanon , learn from others that have been there.
There are many here including myself who have been in your shoes.
I found that they are uncomfortable to wear so I kicked them off.

It sounds like your thoughts of a move are very wise.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

She stays bruised and I am afraid she may say that I am abusive towards her.
Why worry about what she may say... Im pretty sure your not the only one that knows she has a drinking problem hon.

As long as there is nothing on record, she has not reported DV it will not come up in the legal proceedings. If others believe that someone other then herself cause the bruises, well you can not control what other people think.... so just dont worry about it.

I also suggest Al-anon ... It really helped me with my struggles and also gave me an amazing support system.