Nearly fell off the wagon

Old 06-30-2007, 11:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nearly fell off the wagon

Ive been clean from crack for 5 months now. Doing it was completeley tied up with my ex who I broke up with 5 mos. ago- I have no dealer number even- he supplied. He is getting slowly clean but without outside help ( he did this before I met him 6 years ago too). We have been having lunch and small things like that a few times a week and really enjoying it. I have really been doing as teriffically as could be though I do miss him.
Today a close friend got me all upset for the 3rd time this month and I badly wanted to use for the first time- bad enough to call my ex for dope. He had enough dignity to not get any but stop by and say hi thank goodness- because I was sure ready to smoke.
So much is going on- my career has taken off like a rocket since we broke up, I am moving away and am finding my peace. He was really my rock to hold on to in the stormy ocean and maybe could be again. Seeing him again lately I realize he is at the beginning of quitting-- having smoked himself down to bones he is ready to get back on board with life---- but I am not there-- I am ahead of him. Its hard but I am learning to trust faith to lead me towards a fulfilling life. I am lucky to have my wonderful dog here to wake me up and walk with.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
getting stronger each day

((hugs)) good for you for staying strong and staying clean. please try to take care of yourself, even if that means staying away from the person who could drag you down again. you may think that he's at the beginning of quitting, but you never really know. until you know 100% that you're strong enough to resist temptation you may just need to look out for yourself and let him take care of himself. good luck, and you'll be in my prayers.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for u stay strong u can get through this I promise!!!
Old 07-01-2007, 04:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i am proud of you that you did not use. everyday an addict does not use is a miracle.my son is the addict in my life. i do not think he has been clean 5 months since he has started using 16yrs ago. it is said it is "people, places & things" that make you use or keep you clean.i would suggest that you stay clear of that"close friend" if she has upset you 3 times so much that she brings you down.you sound as if you have everything going for you. do you go to meetings? i am a firm believer that a person can not make it without a program in their life.i am glad you are here at S.R. you make want to post also in the substance abuse part of S.R. stay strong.we are here for you.i am sending prayers up for you & your husband too.hugs,hope
Old 07-01-2007, 04:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

COngratulations on resisting. YOu are fighting a very difficult battle and doing a good job. I hope you are working a program and seeking help, meetings, whatever you need to arm yourself with the necessary tools to stay clean.
Here is a big ((HUG))!!!
And definitely drop in on the Substance Abuse section, there are lots of good people over there too to talk to.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

congrats on not using. It's hard, I know. I am a double winner (AA and anon rooms) and definitely understand the hyjacking that occurs. There are things that come up and when I've had enough of them I get triggered to drink. I'm always amazed at the justifications that I come up with in my mind....crazy!

There are lots of great meetings in Charlotte....pm me in you need some ideas. They have helped me more than anything and helped me to develop a community of support.

Love, Donna
Old 07-01-2007, 08:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
grateful rca

congrats on your sobriety, you can do it, stay strong and continue to stay focused. evey now and again, i still have those days too. addiction seems to raise its ugly head every once and awhile fpr me too,keeping you and yours in my prayers`