Notices

Went to another meeting

Old 05-15-2003, 06:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Went to another meeting

Hey there, i just got back from another meeting.It went very good so different from the other meeting i went to, before i even got sitting down people came over and talked to me.One lady had me sit beside her and she talked about the meeting and stuff.And i even left with 3 phone numbers, i didn't talk but i think i wanted to it felt pretty comfortable.This meeting is only once a week but some of the ladies suggested calling them to go to other ones.Right now i'm feeling pretty good and i like it!

Tracey
Old 05-15-2003, 07:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

YAY Tracey!!!!!!!!! Good to Go!!!
Old 05-15-2003, 07:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

See...I knew you could do it

phoenix
Old 06-13-2003, 02:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

You know it is really excellent when you go to a new meeting and enjoy it.

A while ago we had NA meetings here but due to certain members trying to control the group, some of us left and started going back to AA meetings. Alhtough they helped, we still felt the need to discuss issues regarding drugs and substance abuse and not just alcohol. I recently spoke to my sponsor (a dual addict with a fair amount of clean time) and he agreed that he would start up a new NA meeting for us.

Tonight was the first one and I am truly grateful to him. This meeting helped so much - even though there were only 4 of us there. In AA here, we dont hug or hold hands at the end of the meeting but in our meeting, it was totally different. There was just a calmness and we truly were able to share from the heart. The next one will be on Monday and I cannot wait - 2 NA meetings a week will be better than no NA meetings at all !!! Thanks HP !!!

Keep going to meetings that you enjoy and remember meetings and this program save lives !!!!!