thinking too much

Old 05-31-2007, 03:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

thinking too much

I moved into my new classroom and new team building, but left everything in boxes and pretty much all over the room. I've decided to stay away from school at least through June. This is quite a mental challenge now because I really don't like unfinished business. The good thing, though is that I'll be more refreshed to come back and start again. I'm trying not to think about it for awhile. Letting go is still hard in all areas of my life, but I'm working on it.

I've also been asked to be the science department chairperson. I agreed as this will help develop my leadership skills, but also help me focus on delegating more and setting boundaries. I hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew, but again I'm projecting and overanalyzing. I did tell my principal I would need help with this new role and she understood. I never really like to be the one in charge because I like to have someone else to go to for my own needs.

On a different subject, my mom is leaving tomorrow morning to visit my grandma. Of course I have mixed emotions, but I know it's for the best for now. My gift to her was the Language of Letting Go by Beattie, so while apart we can read and be together one day at a time.

Just needed to get a few things out from circling my mind too much today.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Sounds like you're doing very well in your recovery, aztchr!
Old 05-31-2007, 04:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
full of hope

Wow Aztchr! Sounds like you are doing great! Glad to hear! Enjoy your Summer!!
Old 05-31-2007, 07:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It sounds like you're strong and focused!
Old 05-31-2007, 08:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

((Hugs))) Keep it up! It appears your strength is there!
Old 06-01-2007, 10:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow! Guess I sounded better than I was feeling at the time of the posting.
I actually was quite anxious and overwhelmed. Guess the fake it til you make it really does work!
Old 06-01-2007, 10:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aztchr View Post
Wow! Guess I sounded better than I was feeling at the time of the posting.
I actually was quite anxious and overwhelmed. Guess the fake it til you make it really does work!

I jsut got to this post aztchr and "got" the anxiety. Thought to myself, wow, theres a LOT going on here!!

I'm in the middle of a move geographically, emotionally and professionally myself. And let me tell ya, I can't count the number of times I've asked myself if I've taken on more than I can CHEW!!!I mean ya, I like to be active and BUSY, but juggling all these balls, means I could drop one, and boy, that causes me STRESS. These are BIG areas of my life.

Fake it till ya make it? sure works sometimes, but when its life altering, you better have a plan. At least that how I approach it. I made sure ALL of these changes were good for me. Sounds like your doing the same. Put the "safety nets" in place where I could and more importantly, got myself in a place mentally that i just KNOW i can do it,,,

Peace
Old 06-01-2007, 10:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I used to do this, too. My therapist asked me once - are you really anxious or do you think these things should be making your anxious like before? I had to work through that - still do - but it's true to a large extent. When I feel my feelings and then act on them, the anxiety dissipates. That's the little bit of faking for me.

((az))
Old 06-01-2007, 10:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I hope the change is refreshing for you teach! The school across the street from our house (Arrowhead) just added more new buildings. It was refreshing for me to see the old portables gone yesterday! The view is much more pleasing.