Lonesomeplace

Old 05-20-2007, 08:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lonesomeplace

Thanks to all who answered me..I have found out today that my AS is out of jail, and of course all the problems have come out with him..All the I am Sorry, I am off the drugs now, but yet I know different..I guess there will be no sleep for me tonight..I really need to talk, anyone listening tonight..Thanks Much, and if you can't answer right now please take the time to pray..
Old 05-20-2007, 08:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry you're hurting right now. Sending you some ((((HUGS)))) and prayers.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
On a tear

(((whathappened)))

I've learned there are no coincidences.... we meet certain people in certain places at just the exact right time.

Perhaps your son was able to hear something in jail that will stay with him - or come back to him later when he needs it most.

I know that the day before my daughter got sober, I absolutely did not see it coming. I was as miserable on THAT day as on any other. Had I REALLY known what was coming, I might have chosen to spend that day in joyous celebration, instead of horror and dread.

Looking back, it seems so clear.

I can go forward today knowing that my son, who is not sober, may be THAT close to finding sobriety. I can live a freeer life when I don't believe *I* need to cause the sobriety to happen, or even influence the timing.

((hugs))
Old 05-21-2007, 03:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
grateful rca

sorry to hear about this, i agree with bigsis, maybe he heard something in jail that will stick to him. i pray that he find his way soon, keeping all of you in my prayers
Old 05-21-2007, 08:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

((Whathappened))
So sorry that you have to worry again and again. Things do happen when you least expect them to. Don't give up hope, that is what keeps us alive. Just know that we all feel your pain.

Lover and prayers to you and your son.............Lo
Old 05-21-2007, 09:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

(((((whathappened))))
Hope today is a better, brighter day
Old 05-21-2007, 01:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

(((Whathappened))))
I know when both of my sons were in jail, and then released, I just kept hoping and praying that God had a plan going on, that I wasn't aware of.
It's the same with your son, there's a plan....

hugs, and prayers,
Old 05-23-2007, 07:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks to you all..Well when I thought it could get no worse..My dear husband has told me to get out now..Reason being because I am concerened about my AS..To him he is a grown man, which is absolutely true, but that doesn't stop my love and concern..Daughter in Law and Grandkids are doing fine..Now how do I tell my Grandkids that I am leaving them also..This has all turned into a REAL BIG MESS..I have battled cancer and my young Son being addicted (TG he is clean now), now this..PLEASE pray for my AS, as I will try to take care of myself and go on with life..ALL PRAYERS NEEDED..
Old 05-23-2007, 08:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

OMG!! Sending you more hugs and prayers.
that's just not right........
Old 05-24-2007, 03:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sending you more hugs and prayers. Addiction is truly a family disease. Hugs, Marle
Old 05-24-2007, 10:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
trying to mend

being concerned about your AS can cause problems between you and your spouse, especially if he is the stepfather. i don't know your situation, but it is crazy to have to choose between your child and your husband. and why can't your husband leave if he is the one who is unhappy with the circumstances? hugs and prayers sent your way.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

sending prayers for you & your son.how well i know about getting out & all the problems get out too.keep coming back,work your recovery.there is nothing we can do for our sons.my addict is my son also.hugs,
Old 05-25-2007, 05:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

More Prayers Please

Well 4 days now and not a word from Husband..DIL and Kids still fine..This is a stepson to him..Says he has two reasons for living and that is these 2 GC, what happened to me and the other 3 GC..Just hanging by a thread now, will break my heart if I can't come up with a good explanation to my Grandchildren on why I am leaving also..
Old 05-26-2007, 09:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
trying to mend

do you [B][I]have[I][B]to leave? can he force you out? can you work through all of this?

my husband and i get along great, even after 14 years, but i think that is mostly b/c he tries to stay out of the way when it comes to my sons. the one AS who is living with us right now may have to go soon if things don't change, and they aren't likely to. my husband says he can't stay till DIL gets out of prison, which is still about 3 years away. i understand b/c right now, he's a messy lump of furniture w/a bad influence on his own little daughter and our 9 yr old daughter.

i want to help him, but i know that i can't. i know what he needs to do, but no matter how much i want to, i can do it for him and i can't make him do it.

my older son lives about 3 hrs away. not in much better shape.

we are determined that our daughter will take a better path. i pray that she makes better choices for herself.

i will continue to pray for you and your family.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

(((whathappened)))
Sorry, I haven't met you...but wanted to say welcome to SR!!! Another mom of an addict here, I am currently raising my 12 year old grandson, because of my 30 y.o. daughters addiction.

Just wanted to welcome you here. You've come to the right place. We may not have answers but sure have support for each other.

Prayers going out for you and your family!!!!!!!!

NSW