hey hey in for another panic attack

Old 05-08-2007, 09:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

hey hey in for another panic attack

Went to another interview - waiting to hear. Wait wait wait ... ugh.

Even my recruiter got a new job and is moving on lol No kidding.

If I don't a) get a job b) get a tenant or c) sell the house in the next few weeks I'm dead. Figuratively, I mean. Don't get yer codie panties in an uproar
Old 05-08-2007, 10:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Sending up a prayer and crossing fingers & toes for you!!
Old 05-08-2007, 10:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Good thoughts and crossed fingers

Ps..my panties are smoothed now!
Old 05-08-2007, 11:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Recovering Nicely

WantsOut - I'm saying prayers for you that it all starts coming together and works out for you.
QT
Old 05-08-2007, 11:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Prayers a coming
Old 05-08-2007, 12:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good luck and best wishes to you,
I remember the state I got myself into when my contract was coming to an end, I was applying for jobs below the level I was at because I was changing careers and thought I would have to take a major pay cut in order to do it.
I had an interview for one that went (I thought) really well, and they came back and said they thought I was too good for the job - this sent me into a melt-down: I needed a job, any job, I needed to pay bills, I didn't think I was too good for it. People told me that there was a better job for me right round the corner, and I was sooo mad with them - but I applied for one that I didn't think I could possibly get (change of career, pay rise and a permanent position), walked out of the interview thinking there is NO WAY I've got that job, they practically interviewed themselves - and lo and behold here I am with 2 years in that job.......
so, here's hoping that good things come your way too.

I don't know your situation, If you could do anything what would it be? maybe in with the others you could pitch in a few "dream job" and "there's no way they'd employ me" applications?
Old 05-08-2007, 01:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

What I really want to do is own rental properties. I am positioning myself to do that full time one day - but part of that long term plan requires working at my usual profession for a few more years. But I know where I want to be and I have a good idea how to get there - it's just this step ... I'm having trouble.

The thing is this will be my fifth interview in seven months ... the first one they hired an internal candidate. Ok - I get that. Second one I messed it up. It happens. Third one I just lost to a better candidate. Fourth the same. This one ... if I don't get this one. Oy.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
full of hope

You recruiter got a new job! That is the craziest thing I've heard!?! OMG!!

Sending up prayers for you!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-08-2007, 08:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I used to work as a recruiter for nurses--then you see all the good jobs out there!
5 interviews in 7 months?????
You should be doing at leat 4 a week----
I am praying for you still---I just know it is all going to work out for you!!!
Keep up the good work!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Maxine Escape Button.jpg (14.7 KB, 34 views)
Old 05-08-2007, 08:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Praying for ya Wants, today and every day.

And yes, maybe you might want to take a "in-between" job that will pay the bills while you look for a better one.

and dump that recruiting firm, here's where I look:

http://www.indeed.com/

Mike
Old 05-09-2007, 12:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

Four interviews a week! I wish I could get that many

I should hear from these people today or tomorrow. It's 3:30 AM here. I fell asleep early cause I'm just exhausted from all this worry ... now I'm up up up and it's early as can be.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Are you using al your local resources. Five interviews in seven months, with all the competition out there these days means you have to be more assertive. Youcan't apply for jobs that don't exist but you can apply for jobs that do.
Have you had a look at your resume for updates or improvements? Have you posted your resume on monster.com or some other online job sites? Try your local Department of labor. They have lots of jobs and they have people to ass't you for free to buff up your resume.
Have you ever gone back to a place that didn't hire you and ask specifically how you might better have presented your resume or managed your interview. Were there certain answers they didn't like? Have you done any reading on body language and interviewing? Intersting stuff. We can have all the right answers but our body language speaks too.
Frankly, you've been to less than one interview a month.
Maybe you can rethink your game plan. You never know what contacts you can make by taking a job you hadn't considered.
It seems like maybe you find a job posting you like and apply, wait to hear something and get beat out after the interview.
Why not take a job you can get and network in that job to get to where you are going?
For instance, the hospital has a gazillion jobs of every kind. Our secretary just left to be the personal nanny for a pediatrician. The hospital will pay for college classes if you pay them back in time.
If I were you and interested ultimately in owning rental property I might consider getting into a real estate office to work. I'd even pursue getting my realtors license. You would see the first and best renal properties and youcould use your commission for a down payment. Remember rich people don't work hard, they work smart.
Something isn't working but it can be fixed.
I own three rental properties. Two of my nephews just bought an invest property.
If you can get a job as a maintanence apprentice somewhere, it will serve you a million times over if you own rental property.
I think there's a difference between a plan and a dream.
If the direct route doesn't work maybe it's time to take the road less traveled.
What kind of work are you applying for?
Old 05-09-2007, 08:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hang in there, wants. blessings, k
Old 05-09-2007, 11:26 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
it is what it is...

Prayers to you
Old 05-10-2007, 12:42 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

get a tenant if you can, or a roommate- people always need places to live, and that way you have some income you can rely on while you are looking for work/waiting-- is there any temp work you can do while you are waiting/interviewing for jobs you want? good luck/something will work out