Notices

Not always what it seems...

Old 04-25-2007, 03:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
To Life!

Lightbulb Not always what it seems...

Well, I never thought it would be me...

Folks, I have a horrible confession to make.
I HATE the smell of cigarette smoke!
No, I mean, I really, REALLY hate it.

Ok, when I quit, I remembered how very badly some smug non or stopped smokers treated me, as a smoker. And I vowed never to be like them! They were egotistical, self serving and imposing, in my view.

But, since I've quit, I've been diagnosed with asthma. And when I breathe in smoke, it effects my ability to breathe! I've had two asthma attacks over my cousin's house. She smokes in a small room, without the window opened, or sometimes, cracked. And she uses (errr...ok, I"m having a brain fart here...the smokey stuff that smells good...blame it on mental pause... ) So, the smoke is thick as pea soup in her room.

I cannot go in there like that. I literally start gasping for breath!
But, even if I walk by someone, I cough. It's involuntary. And I'm very embarrassed by it! Cuz, I don't want them to think I"m one of those egotistical, self serving, imposing shmucks I dealth with...

So, I guess they probably weren't what I thought they were either, huh.
And I guess I still have to take care of myself.

But, I really do hate it when I cough and sputter when others are smoking. Cuz, as much as I never want to smoke again, I do honestly believe others have the right to do what they will. I believe in a FREE country.

So, please don't think I'm a jerk if you hear me cough when a smoker is nearby. It is not a statement against any smoker. It's my asthma.

Shalom!
Old 04-25-2007, 04:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

*hugs*

I luv ya so much...

But I do understand, Im having issues myself with the smell when there are alot of smokers around.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Grateful recovering alcoholic

I'm not really caring too much for the smell anymore either. My AA homegroup is still smoking....and, I'm getting to the point where I can't stand the stench anymore. I use to think it smelled, good...nope, not so much anymore. When I smell people I KNOW have been smoking, well, I became very grateful that it's not me AND at the same time, desbelieve that I ever smelled that bad!!! Though I know I did...plenty of people have told me that!!!

Blessings,
Jen
Old 04-26-2007, 07:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

LOL History! But seriously...that is something you absolutely cannot help so no need for apology!
I haven't hit that point yet but I do know that my kitchen curtains smelled sooo bad {from me standing at the sink doing dishes and smoking} that as I was putting them in the washer and that smell flew out and hit me, I almost gagged!!
Amazing what a year of cigarette smoke will do to white-lace curtains! They were so covered that they could almost stand straight up on their own! {gross!}