still feeling ok today

Old 04-25-2007, 02:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Fool To Do Your Dirty Work

still feeling ok today

hi all - i can't thank you all enough for the clarity your insights are giving me. i was up very late last night reading a lot of great material here. i have decided that i don't know how if i even want things to work out with my A anymore...just because i love him doesn't mean he is the right partner for me.

he actually just called a few minutes ago to "let me have my moment" - right from that comment i knew i was in a no win situation/converstation. i told him that i didn't think i was ready to talk, that i was confused about everything and i thought it would be best if we didn't talk for a while. a surprised "ok" was the response i received. then we ended the call.

i felt my eyes start stinging with hot tears after i hung up the phone but recovered fairly quickly.

of course he made a point of telling me he was FINE when he first called - WHATEVER - I am NOT playing these games anymore....please pray i can stay strong and stick to my guns!!!!
Old 04-25-2007, 02:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sweetie... its ok to cry, in fact its probably the best thing you can do for yourself.

They always say they are fine .... but you know that already so dont even give that any thought.

I will pray that whatever is in your best interest happens hon.... Just keep reading and you are so right..... just because we love someone does not mean we have to have a relationship with them.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I took it one day at a time. Each morning I woke up and said today, I will stay the course. It's 18 months later and now I wake up grateful I took it one day at a time.

Hang in there. ((()))
Old 04-25-2007, 03:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Each small step is a step in the right direction, this all takes time, there is no magic formula, keep thinking with your head and not your heart, you'll be fine.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You are stronger than you know--and smart to take the time alone to sort it all out in your head--then maybe you will see clearer what it is YOU want---hang in there!!!
Attached Images
File Type: gif
Animated twinkle and dog.gif (8.5 KB, 24 views)
Old 04-25-2007, 03:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Take your time to think this through. You'll arrive at the right choice for you. I wish I had taken the time to research and really understand the disease of alcoholism before marrying my husband. I wish I had allowed myself that informed choice.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I Finally Love My Life!!!

Sending thoughts of strength your way...though it sounds as though you are discovering just how great your own inner strength is...

Old 04-25-2007, 04:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
let it grow!

just take your time. blessings, k
Old 04-25-2007, 07:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Fool To Do Your Dirty Work

thank you everyone!!!! of course, he has called twice, once on my cell phone, and once on the home phone within the last 1/2 hour - i didn't answer either call and he did not leave a message. i am confident he is not sober tonight and have no interest in engaging with him...hope i am as strong tomorrow! good night everyone and thanks again.