ducks

Old 05-01-2003, 09:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

ducks

While I was working this afternoon, I looked out across the parking lot at the pond. A momma duck and her 3 little baby ducklings came out of the pond, marched right across the parking lot and up on my front step! I still have no idea what it was all about, but I went out and tried to shoo her back into the pond. We ended up walking all over the dang apt complex.... she led the way and those sweet babies just followed her on her journey. I'll bet we spent 20 minutes wandering aimlessly. She went this way and that way, under bushes etc. She would turn around and hiss at me from time to time - I was just walking behind her, trying to help and guide her in the right direction. (Of course I knew what was best for her - she needed to go right back to that POND so that I wouldn't worry.) I was so interested in the fact that she led those babies all over the place and they followed her wherever she went - presumably because she was the momma and she obviously knew the way.

Ultimately, we went in a big circle and ended up back at the pond. When we neared the pond, the momma duck started quacking and running, urging her babies to follow quickly and jumped in and swam away. I stood there exhausted... not sure what had just happened. I'm pretty sure they would have found their way back to the pond without all of my help and concern. I had a wonderful walk and a break from my work day. I am confident that my higher power was showing me something quite important.... why else would it have involved DUCKS?????

Curiously
Osier59
Old 05-01-2003, 09:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Learning to love life...

Oh my gosh, thank you Osier!
You made my night
Yup, God was there... I think he was having a bit of a laugh as well. What the heck IS it about ducks anyway!? Even in the feathered / swimming form, they are still able to draw us as far away from logic as possible. There you were, chasing them around, worrying, shooing, controlling... and THEY ended up safe and happy, and YOU were a mess!
Too funny... and the message was received
Take care
Meg
Old 05-01-2003, 10:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Okay, Osier - so you ran yourself around in circles, ended up right back where you were, the ducks made out okay, and you're left exhausted and scratching your head? Hmmm, sounds familiar to me!

Not sure what the message might have been, but I enjoyed the story!

Love and hugs.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That was a great story Osier!

The sound of those ducks can drive one crazy, but watching them can be alot of fun. I love to watch them waddleing around and the babies are as cute as can be!! And to think, when we are pregnant we resemble the way the mother duck walks. I saw a mother duck and her babies along the side of the road the other morning coming back from taking my daughter to school. After I drove by I started praying for them to be safe and not get hit by a car. PRAYING for a DUCK!! I do alot of that anyway.

Nature has so much to offer!
matters
Old 05-02-2003, 09:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Osier

I am laughing myself right off of my chair trying to picture you getting your ducks in order. LOL LOL LOL.

And typically, the ducks ended up doing exactly what they always do, and you ended up exhausted. Yup, I think there is a story in there somewhere.

Thank you for sharing this, you made my day.
Old 05-02-2003, 03:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

OMG how funny! I too can see myself trying to get my ducks in order! What a familiar place for me! Exausted and didn't make any difference in the outcome at all! Thanks for the post!
Old 05-03-2003, 07:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
mo

Great story

Osier. .

Your message came through loud and clear. .!!!

Think of all that energy you wasted on something you couldn't control . .Personally I am tired of chasing ducks and all the drama

I don't know about you guys but I sure don't have that kind of energy to waste now that I am close to senior citizenship. .

Thanks Osier. Mo