Loves Big Adventure.......Part 2

Old 04-09-2007, 07:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Talking Loves Big Adventure.......Part 2

So anyways......once I got down to Florida I quickly started to realize the reasons I left and they didn't all have to do with my exabf.

I visited my bosses at the restaurant where I worked and the boss man who had been making sexual inuendoes.......or however you spell it......before I left started again with me. "Now that you're wearing your big girl panties maybe you'll show me your boobs." Needless to say......not wanting to have to go through that BS again, I didn't go back to work there like I was planning on.

My mother ended up paying off my car because when I got behind on the payments the co-signer who happens to be an ex-boyfriend of mine told the bank he never signed any paperwork and was claiming fraud........on me!!

Now my memory has been known to leave me from time to time so it's quite possible after signing my name to the paperwork I casually slipped into the restroom only to emerge a 5'6 bald guy with a mustache, goatee and big ole beer belly, signed his name to the paperwork, slipped back into the restroom to once again re-emerge as myself and drive off into the sunset........but I seriously doubt it.

Whatever........everything worked out ok and no ones credit is scarred. I was quite hurt by his actions, but I remembered I can't control what others do. I can only control what I do. So I controlled myself from dotting him in the eye.

Shank got out of jail that sunday after I arrived and immediately started driving past my daughters where I was staying. He went by my landlords and told him he intended to leave me alone. I know this because the landlord immediately burnt rubber on his gold cart to come over and let me know Shank was back.....but he also said he thought he had changed......seems like a totally different person.....and would even like to see us back together!!

Later that afternoon Shank tried to arrange a meeting with me via his daughter. I told her that I forgave him for everything he's done to me, but there really wasn't much left to say. I heard him in the backround crying.......begging for another chance. He was saying how sorry he was, how he wanted to make everything right, how he's been drug free for almost 6 months now and he wanted to prove to me how he's changed.

After about 10 minutes of her trying to convince me to meet with him I hear him plead to me "baby......please dye your hair red!!" AS IF CHANGING MY HAIR COLOR WILL ALSO MAKE ME CHANGE MY MIND!!!!!!!!!???????? Good grief!

Anywho........he tried a few more times after that to meet up with me. He even left a picture of him and I back in the day on the windshield of the truck with a little note on the back that he'll always love me and that I shouldn't forget it. Trust me...........I won't forget it.......I can forgive it, but definitely can't forget.

So I left for home Saturday......got a late start because I couldn't keep my finger off the snooze button. I got on the turnpike and remembered to stop this time........but .......not seeing there was 2 on ramps I just hopped on the first one and quickly realized I was headed south to Miami!! "damn me!!" I thought as I was headed in the opposite direction of where I needed to go. Soooooo........I slowed down and spotted a break in the medium dividers......you know.....the ones the highway patrol sit in. I did what any law abiding citizen would do. I looked around, ignored the no u-turn sign and got myself back on track. WooHoo........on the road again!!

Here's a fun fact. Did you know it's illegal to pick the wild flowers along the side of the road in Alabama?? Don't ask how I know this.......let's just say I know now.

The drive was going really good until I decided to take a short cut to Lilpony's.........like I'm Joe Navigator or something.

I ended up getting myself completely lost in the state of Mississippi......heading ........I don't know where in the hell I was heading, but I called Noah in a panic again. "Where in the hell am I going" I screamed. The then tells me "The way you're going......you're headed towards New York." OMG!! Now ain't that somethin?? I wasn't even trying.........

So, it ended up I went about 150 miles or better out of my way........although it was an interesting drive. There are these gigantic rolling hills in Mississippi and I'd find myself coasting down one.......truck getting faster all by itself and me thinking...."weeeeeeee" all the way down.

No gas stations for 50 miles or so between.......but I passed by a little store. "Cowboy's Grocery and Game Room". I suppose if you're going to have a business in the middle of B.F. Egypt it's an excellent concept to have the whole joint venture thing going.

Sadly.........and I'm so mad at myself I could spit......I didn't make it to Lil's.: I was so flustered and aggrevated at getting lost I just drove straight through to Texas. Towards the end I was so loopy, a Pinto passed me up on the highway........and I was doing like 70mph or something. A pinto!! I didn't think they still exsisted.......but apparently they do.......and who knew a pinto could go over 70mph??

Well......I'm back in Texas......still a little worn out from the almost 20 hour trip. I go back in about a month when my daughter is about to have my grandson.

I don't know if I'll be driving though. Flying, taking the train or even.......heaven forbid....taking the bus may be the way to go for this directionally challanged codie. In the words of Johnny Cash, "I've been everywhere man."
Old 04-09-2007, 07:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

OH......I almost forgot!!

When I told of my ex-husband going to the baby shower and being the only man there, someone mentioned you thought I was going to say that he got a boob job. Well........that sort of did happen.

He was being treated for something a while back and the doctors put him on estrogen. I'm not sure why they would do that. Maybe someone in the medical field can explain it.

Anyhow.......he started developing breasts and had to have surgery to remove the breast tissue!!

Now he has two big scars under each nipple and it looks like the eyes of "Captain Jack" in Pirates of the Carabean when he takes his shirt off!!
Old 04-09-2007, 07:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Always an adventure huh. Sorry u didnt make it to lils but u did get to see a pinto and that in itself is a 1 in a million odd. Well I can loan u my broomstick to go back down but I have to tell u its a little worn out from flying on it all the time. I remember taking to bus from colorado to NY once I would walk first if I had that option. Then again it might be alot better now its been a loooonnnngg time. I wish I was closer I would make the road trip with u. Now that would be an adventure b4 we would even get out of the driveway. Well glad your home and safe. Bet Roxie was so excited to see her mommy and I'm sure noah was too. Talk to u soon and WELCOME BACK u have been missed.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i'm glad you made it safely back too loves sorry that you didn't get to stop back by lil's but at least you made it the first time. seems like everything is going as well as expected back home and i'm so glad that you didn't have much trouble out of shank, don't need to talk about the boss, and congrats on your new grandson. still praying for you, noah and the rest of your families including roxy and the others.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kj0975 View Post
Always an adventure huh. Sorry u didnt make it to lils but u did get to see a pinto and that in itself is a 1 in a million odd.
I love the whole "glass half full" concept!! I actually found myself insulted........being passed up by a pinto and all. So, I put my foot on the excellerator a little harder to speed up. LOL I'm such a dumb ars sometimes........like I was going to challenge this pino to a race or something.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

From the sounds of things the Pinto would have won slow poke and u were probably in the passing lane too. lol..... R u starting to drive like one of those old ladies that I just love to get behind? Please say it aint so. Then again who am I to talk I have lost my lisence for getting to many speeding tickets in a year maybe I should start driving like my grandma instead of mario vandretti (sp) or however u spell it or say it
Old 04-09-2007, 08:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

and u were probably in the passing lane too. lol.....
How did you know???? LOL But in my defense........I was going to pass him.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((Loves))))))

I love the way you tell a story...lol
It's almost like I was riding shotgun.

The part about the pinto was so funny.
I pictured this speeding by you...

I didn't think they made pintos anymore, either.
Glad your back. We missed ya bunches.

Love ya,
Old 04-09-2007, 08:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

I hate to ask but what is a pinto??
Old 04-09-2007, 09:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jewelz View Post
I hate to ask but what is a pinto??
What's a pinto?? OMG........I feel old now. This is a pinto honey.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
th_5709d952.jpg (4.9 KB, 46 views)
Old 04-09-2007, 09:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

The car from waynes world party on.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:35 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

The car from waynes world party on.
Yea..........Party On!! LOL
Old 04-09-2007, 10:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
'Round and 'Round I Go....

Egads! No wonder your ex felt like a lady that day...he was pumped up on estrogen. - - You can't blame the poor guy.

I think it's great how your directional instincts were leading you to us up in New York.

Sorry you couldn't make it to Lil's.

And....you do tell a great vivid story. I felt like I was right there with you.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:16 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Enjoyed your story Loves especially about the Pinto - scary driving in places you don't but it's done everyday on the highway of life.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:20 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cupicake View Post
I think it's great how your directional instincts were leading you to us up in New York.
Thanks Cupi!! At least I know had I actually made it to New York.......I've got friends there.