Going home. . .

Old 04-05-2007, 07:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Let me grow up.

Going home. . .

Hi everyone. Just wanted to let you know I'm going home tomorrow for Easter weekend. I am debating whether to visit with my ex AGF's family to see how they're doing. I know she won't be there but still is it like opening a can of worms?

Anyway, my mom (who had once swore never again to deal with ANY of my ex's family) has recently been talking with my exe's mom and daughter. I learned through her that my ex had relapsed, which didn't surprise me because when I learned she moved back in with her ex, I knew that was going to happen. Her ex uses pills.

Still in all honestly, I was disappointed to hear it. I admit there's a small part of me that'd like to see my ex (I suppose that's natural) but after two months of not seeing or hearing from her, I feel like if I see her I would have relapsed myself. And then I'd be right back at square one. It is a strange addiction I have, I know. . .wish me luck
Old 04-05-2007, 07:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I wouldnt go visit. I did that when me and my exabf broke up. It never did any good. Made me sad and missed them while he has moved on with his life. Maybe in the back of my head I was hoping they would tell him that I stopped by and how good I was doing and how good I looked. Nothing ever came out of it. Sure I missed the parents and such I mean we were together for over 3yrs you get attached but I dont think visiting would be good. It might cause your feelings to resurface of what could have been and make u miss her more and ruin your weekend thinking of her. So imho dont visit. Enjoy your time with your family.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

have a safe and peaceful trip, newblue. think chocolate and eggs and stay away from cans of worms. not worth it! blessings, k
Old 04-05-2007, 07:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

I agree. I have not seen XABF in months and have had no contact now for what.. two weeks (told him NO MORE).. and it would be so bad for me to see him or talk to him or to see his family or talk to them.

No worms. I don't want any worms.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i agree with the others, you are doing so well now, a visit to them make turn out to do more harm to you than good. enjoy visiting with your family. be safe, and i'm praying for ya
Old 04-05-2007, 10:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I also agree with the others. I think a visit with them will just bring about all sorts of feelings for you. I used to think it was ok to just visit with my ex or his family but everytime that I did I'd end up falling right back into the same old song and dance. Honestly it got old after awhile and I completely cut off all contact which made it much easier for me to go on with my life. Keep looking forward I think you are doing great. Enjoy your weekend with your family.