2 words "shock collars"

Old 03-05-2007, 01:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 words "shock collars"

I am not sure what is with me today. I feel a little outta sorts. Maybe because its Monday, maybe because I had a codie weekend.
(Im on an SSRI for depresion, maybe I got a bad dose.)
Whatever it is, I was reading through things and in an odd mood. As usual we get strange feeling when we read of someones spouse using or drinking again. I know its outta our control, but I cant help thinking "shock collars". Couldnt we all use them for just one week, so we all have peace at the exact same time?
Any time our loved ones want to drink or think of their DOC if they got a great big electrical shock, wouldnt we feel just a little better?

I mean I know most of us have felt something similat to an electric shock when we smell alcohol on the breath or see their pupils dilated, its only fair.

I am sorry, hit me over the head with a frying pan, Ill go back to normal Im just having one of those days.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

I could use one of those collars, who knows maybe it would be effective. But than again it always goes back to it's beyond our control. I really hate that part but we know it's the truth. Cinderella feel what your feeling but let it go tomorrow, dont let yourself get stuck in that feeling. I'm feeling unsettled as well I think a part of that is cause our forum is missing.

Hugs,
Jewel
Old 03-05-2007, 01:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I love this idea! It brought me much joy just thinking about it!
Old 03-05-2007, 01:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

MY husband was crying this weekend that he couldnt control himself, he hated it and wanted to die, so I still think shock therapy would work.

Just kidding, I know it wouldnt, eventually the collar would come off and the issue still there.

I m just feeling a little weirded out, maybe because I want to be at home with my newest aquarium. Saturday was gloomy, I felt depressed all day so I feel like I was cheated a weekend day.

Im a drama addict and Im writing to keep my from creating unnecessary drama, Im way to good at that and it never solves anything, just distracts me to being upset with me.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

well Cin, sounds to me like the solution is to refrain from removing the collar. Problem solved. Also all those pesky entries on the "honey do" list will become crossed off. You'll get flowers on demand. Dinners cooked. Groveling! Foot rubs! Toenail painting! Chick flicks every time you go to the movies! BwwwaaaaahahaHAHAHAhahah!

whew. I'm glad I didn't say any of that aloud or anything ...
Old 03-05-2007, 01:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Why we are on thi subject
Anyone know why I get so crazywhen I smell liquor. It could be on a stranger passing by and this level of anger and craze comes upon me. Maybe that is just where I link the chaos too, like reverse aroma therapy or PTSD
Old 03-05-2007, 01:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Cinderella I get the same way but not exactly with the smell of liquor but with the clinking of the forty bottles. When I hear the bottle clinking against eachother I get so angry... but thats not from my abf but rather my father when he used to drink when I was a kid.

keep writing if it makes you feel better. Better to write than lash out, you'll feel worse later.

Hugs,
Jewel
Old 03-05-2007, 01:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by WantsOut View Post
Also all those pesky entries on the "honey do" list will become crossed off. You'll get flowers on demand. Dinners cooked. Groveling! Foot rubs! Toenail painting! Chick flicks every time you go to the movies! [/I]
Suddenly I'm feeling hunted, very uncomfortable, backing away from the keyboard slowly and retreating to an AA meeting. Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!
Old 03-05-2007, 01:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You know Jewelz as I read that I had a flashback of the liquor smell on my mom's breath and her "You selfish spoiled brat attitude over me." I never really thought of my mom as an alcoholic, but her drinking habits definately created discomfort with me. Thanks for touching on that.

Come to think of it mom and hubbys attitudes towards me and the way they speak when drinking are similar, WOw am I reaching an issue or what, I started this thread to be funny and vent.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

cinderella,

my old neighbor had a dog named edgar - he was 1/2 lhasa apso and 1/2 st. bernard (picture a st. bernard that weighed 20 lbs) - anyhow edgar was being trained with those shock collard and invisible fences - he would get a running start and get shocked and shocked and just keep doing it - the co would give edgar a larger collar every week he would keep breaking through - that poor dog could barely keep his head up holding a collar made for 120# dog but he still endured the shock to get out of the fence (the poor thing didn't even run far away he just stood outside the driveway with a smug look on his face -the fence co. gave my neighbors a full refund - said they had never seen a dog that couldn't be trained...

maybe that is really a metaphor for addiction - (i've gone from being angry to amused in relation to my sister and her actions in dealing with her kids and her addiction) - no matter how much the collar shocks the moron er addict - they keep on going getting shocked cuz they didn't get shocked bad enough - i don't know...

it was fun to remember my old neighbors and edgar...

love,
s
Old 03-05-2007, 03:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

With our luck they would enjoy it or become addicted to it!!!
Old 03-05-2007, 06:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Oooh, if we get shock collars for our AHs can we have them for our kids too?
Old 03-05-2007, 06:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

frizzy....roflmao....thanks for the laff...sure needed it today!
Old 03-05-2007, 08:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey, itiswhatitis, thanks for sharing about Edger, I have dog sat many dogs, but no Edgar. Had foster dog, Dutchess, she was a Lhasa , if she got out headed north she went as fast as she could till she got tired.
If headed south the same, she had no destination, just go fast as she could.
So Edgar's Lhasa traits were stronger than the St Bernard traits.

I don't think an electic fence would have bothered Dutchess. LOL
Thanks for stiring up my memories, all these dogs were such fun.

Shock collor for our A's sounds great, but we wicked females scared Asto.
No wonder our A's drank.

Crossed my mind, "If we had to live with us, would we drink too?" LOL

cind , thanks for a great idea. Sorry I couldn't resist highjacking your thread, forgive Pleas!
Old 03-06-2007, 06:20 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Haha everyone. LASt night when I was off line I had the same thought. They'd like it, it would become a game.

My now 9 year old used to be fascinated with electric sockets. After a hundred spankings and getting shocked he'd go back to it and laugh. I agve up, thank God he never stuck metal in there and he grew out of it.